The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Insurer?

Ric

Why didn't sky offer me a classic premium in the past? if that can drastically reduce a premium and still offer me good cover with agreed value? Aren't you suppose to offer us the best cover for us? or the best profit for you?

If you could do Gaz a policy at £540 why didn't you do that in the first place and perhaps match lower if he found one? Why did you chance your arm at £730 initially? a full £190 more expensive.

The fact that mine is a classic policy and i don't accrue no claims? So what? even with this they were £444 less than you with more agreed value and an actual certificate showing that. With sky i had nothing but the word of the telephone person that it was actually agreed value.

This is a weekend car as I'm sure the supra is for a lot of people. I don't need no claims raising on this car i need that on my daily drive.

To address your points in order:

I cannot comment on why you were not offered a classic car policy without seeing your information. So I can only assume that it wasn't available at the time. Different brokers will have different schemes and criteria, which is why you shop around to find the best deal that suits you.

Like I have already mentioned above, if a customer receives a like-for-like quote at a lower price, then the broker can attempt to match it. Due to rate increases, insurer's put pressure on brokers to up the rates. But if the customer's alternative rate and policy is comparable to the one already provided, then this is reason enough to try and match said alternative rate (within reason). it isn't about 'chancing it'. This practice is not unique to Sky, at all.

Excellent, then that policy suits you.

For reference, we do provide a letter approving the agreed value amount. Again, I can't comment on why you did not have one without seeing your information.

Cheers,

Alex

To address your points in order:

I cannot comment on why you were not offered a classic car policy without seeing your information.

Again, I can't comment on why you did not have one without seeing your information.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, rather than not being able to comment would it not be best to contact Ric and ask him for this information so you can come back with a definitive answer?

Sky used to provide a decent reliable service for the forum, what happened? You only have to take a look at the various threads on here to see that not one of Sky's representatives sing from the same hymn sheet as the others. Customer service and attitude appears poor along with waiting times when trying to contact Sky. Apart from when people want to take out a new policy, then phones appear to be answered instantly.

Maybe some staff training is in order.

Alex, rather than not being able to comment would it not be best to contact Ric and ask him for this information so you can come back with a definitive answer?

Sky used to provide a decent reliable service for the forum, what happened? You only have to take a look at the various threads on here to see that not one of Sky's representatives sing from the same hymn sheet as the others. Customer service and attitude appears poor along with waiting times when trying to contact Sky. Apart from when people want to take out a new policy, then phones appear to be answered instantly.

Maybe some staff training is in order.

Indeed. In my comments above, I welcome Ric to PM me if he has a query, and I can assist him directly.

Sky's customer service is something we take seriously. We invite honest feedback on various public platforms and do our best to keep disputes to a minimum. We are constantly training staff through audits, call monitoring, compliance checking, etc. The reason we keep a forum presence is to assist.

In terms of our hold time, then you may be referring to a short period about 2 or 3 years ago when we found ourselves very, very busy and a bit understaffed in one department. We immediately rectified this. For example, our average hold time for existing customers for March was well under 2 minutes.

Cheers,

Alex

Just to clear a couple of things up, regarding my renewal......

It actually helped reduce my premium, by removing the agreed value. The lower premium came from an insurer who doesn't offer agreed values, but, the girl I spoke to said that she felt with the market value of supras climbing, and looking at the pictures of mine, she was confident that I could actually get paid out a higher amount than the agreed value I was going for - in the event of a claim.

My mods list is pretty comprehensive, and quite long! I've also protected my 9 years ncb, fully comprehensive, 4k miles per annum, and sd&p use only.

I have been with Sky for 5-6 years I think now

Every year I will shop around on-line to get the best deal and Sky so far have been the cheapest or have matched it for me

Try Alex with the bike next time it needs insuring mate, did me a great price.

So do different brokers get different discounts or reduced premiums from the same insurer ? I ask because Lancaster have for the past couple of years given me a cheaper quote from markerstudy than sky even though it's the same insurer.