The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2016 Feedback and suggestions.

Al Massey

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a different theme for the club stand each year? Decorate the marque and the stand in that theme, activities inspired by the theme, and cos-play around the theme. Ok not everyone wants to dress up, but those that do will generate interest in the club stand.

What about a different theme for the club stand each year? Decorate the marque and the stand in that theme, activities inspired by the theme, and cos-play around the theme. Ok not everyone wants to dress up, but those that do will generate interest in the club stand.

Few of the other clubs I am in do this annually - it always goes down a storm.

I would definitely join in!

More entertainment and activities will be there next year, I've got a few sorted already.

Inter competition will happen.

One trader has already agreed to sort something out for a trophy and prize.

Hopefully we will get a few more lined up.

Just need categories now that everyone is happy with.

I like the sound of this.

Not sure how feasible or costly it could be.

But a few of us have mentioned about the fancy dress/cosplay for next year.

Either a theme or just random for our first year, hopefully get enough members bringing outfits :)

Ok, how does half price tickets for chefs and washers sound?

Quieter geny is on my list

Dropping lunch and just having snacks and sandwich fillers for those that would like to?

Lighting is on my list

I wish I could control the weather :)

Being as you are getting on early and organising it, why can't we have a plot that has electric hookups? Be worth paying for I think :)

I like the sound of this.

Not sure how feasible or costly it could be.

But a few of us have mentioned about the fancy dress/cosplay for next year.

Either a theme or just random for our first year, hopefully get enough members bringing outfits :)

I think a theme will keep it more focused, and make the stand stand out. Theme based around camo nets etc...?!? I don't know lol

One thing that is needed and will benefit anyone organising this event is a committee.

People designated to organise or run certain aspects throughout the event.

Can I be in charge of beer? :D

Being as you are getting on early and organising it, why can't we have a plot that has electric hookups? Be worth paying for I think :)

I need to find the cost of the power from last year, but from what I gather it's quite identical.

Also, other clubs have grandfather rights on old plots, and for a plot our size is hard to fit in in other areas.

I think a theme will keep it more focused, and make the stand stand out. Theme based around camo nets etc...?!? I don't know lol

Can I be in charge of beer? :D

How about we do a charity as well as the theme?

If we go army, can do help for heroes, and I'll get Amy to grab some old cam nets etc

Who said you're coming next year?

We had a better time without you :rlol:

But being fingered was missed this year :)

Now have a microwave and kettle ready for next year to donate to the club.

Also got some more and bigger extension cables.

Might have some LED strips soon for lights :)

Still looking at gazebos for the kitchen and depending what the club wants to spend on a new one.

Anyone else wanting to do the cosplay next year?

MR2 was the guy who was so worried he attached the harness wrong and cut my shoulder up. And were getting very possessive over the events. Bless 'em

GTO OC didn't show up to any event

Chasing 7's brought a rugby player especially to do the car pull. We'll kidnap him next year.

Having read this thread I have to agree with Burna. Its simply too expensive, at least 4 members/couples from the NW (all who have been before) said exactly the same thing and did not attend this year.

The effort put in by this club and the food provided for a weekend is always exceptional. JAE need to do something about their costs! If security was expensive find someone cheaper to do it. I can't believe that £45 from each person that attends is spent and if it is then its not spent wisely. If they don't get on top of their costs and it starts to go over £50-55 JAE will cease to be.

£190 for a couple to eat, drink and sleep in a tent for a weekend is extremely expensive; can get a nice warm cottage, drinks and all food for less that £60 per person and 14 of us from the NW do every year in the lakes.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Having read this thread I have to agree with Burna. Its simply too expensive, at least 4 members/couples from the NW (all who have been before) said exactly the same thing and did not attend this year.

The effort put in by this club and the food provided for a weekend is always exceptional. JAE need to do something about their costs! If security was expensive find someone cheaper to do it. I can't believe that £45 from each person that attends is spent and if it is then its not spent wisely. If they don't get on top of their costs and it starts to go over £50-55 JAE will cease to be.

£190 for a couple to eat, drink and sleep in a tent for a weekend is extremely expensive; can get a nice warm cottage, drinks and all food for less that £60 per person and 14 of us from the NW do every year in the lakes.

My wife and I did a week at Le Mans for just over £500 this year all in, including about 5 crates of beer and track side food most days. I didn't realise JAE was quite that expensive.. that does seem somewhat disproportionately expensive for what it is

It's not just sleeping in a tent in a field though is it.

Firstly the grounds, massive area, secured with patrols 24/7.

Proper toilets and showers, cleaned throughout the day every day, which for several hundred people is good.

Then there's the competitions, the shows, the 4x4 track, fireworks, free photographer etc

And the majority of the cost isn't down to JAE but the venue.

Then with our stand, marquee, power, BBQ, food and drinks.

And it's not just a weekend, it's a four day event.

Yes it sucks they only did the 4 day pass this time, but the event is geared towards the 4 days not a Friday and Saturday night.

And for what we did in the past, probably isn't worth it to some.

And I laughed when burna said JAE would be affected at the new cost, the exact opposite happened as more were there this year than last, and I bet my last dollar that more will turn up next year.

And the cost isn't £190 for a couple, it was £160 for four days with everything included.

And all those that attended, really enjoyed themselves and are all up for coming next year and wanting to get involved more with the event like we did this year.

So you could say it's overly expensive, but many many others disagree with you.