The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra 1993 Single Turbo 660bhp, V161 6 speed in White. Fully Restored.

supra_24

1) it's bad form to slate people's cars on sale threads.

I totally agree which is why I haven't slated anything.

Its clear if the car hasn't moved since August the price being asked does not match the market conditions. No amount of saying great spec and that's undervalued will likely change that unless you plan heading there later with the cash. I only expressed something that is patently obvious and if the OP wants a sale for early in the New Year as they indicated they do, it (it - being the price) is something they should be looking at. I happen to believe its difficult to justify £20k in the price on mods alone. I may wrong but any project car is a personal crusade, just needs others to be on the same page which doesn't always happen; hence why many single turbo Supras end up being broken for parts because the parts do not (usually - invariably) add value to the base car over or even at the cost of the parts.

Wish the OP the very best for the sale and hope they can see my input as realistic/constructive.

The mods don't dictate the value of the car, if they did this would be £30k plus. Ian C's single sold for not much less than the OP is asking, and that had a Greddy Emanage ecu and didn't have a nearly new gearbox. Of course the op can drop the price of he wants a quick sale, but it isn't overpriced, and will sell eventually.

I might suggest to the op that he contacts JM Imports about selling the car for him, they have a sales network in Europe which will potentially gather additional interest. :)

As the owner of the car, I would just like to highlight a few points raised.

Firstly I am in no rush to sell hence why i have not amended the price in any way shape or form as I believe the pricing to be competitive. I have seen other spec modified Supra's recently sell around the same price range.

Secondly, this car has cost me over £36000 to build, this is mostly due to parts purchased, so again I think its a very good price point.

Thirdly, yes the car was originally an NA, however it has been rebuilt from the ground up and transformed into a single turbo 660bhp. Most of the parts on the car are new and it has been mapped on a syvecs ecu for daily driving and reliability.

So I believe the new owner of this car will be extremely satisfied with their purchase, as the car wants for nothing more than to be driven.

Its no longer a project car it is a complete and finished build.

But if you do have any questions, I am here to answer them as honestly and best I can :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.