The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra 1993 Single Turbo 660bhp, V161 6 speed in White. Fully Restored.

supra_24

Hi,

What suspension are you running? Didn't see anything on the spec list? Sorry if I missed it.

Just noticed the coilovers look a little tired in the underbody photo.

Got some nice bits done though, be a nice project for sure. :)

Hi Peter,

No worries. Yes it seems as though I may have missed it off the spec list. I will add this info now.

The suspension is factory optional extra Bliestine adjustable coilovers. In very good order and very smooth ride whilst driving. Dont really feel bumps etc.

Overall as said, the car needs for nothing. Suspension wise I guess if needs be, you could swap for aftermarket coilovers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For £22k I'd probably want a radio fitted.

I'll say it as others often shy away for fear of upsetting, it appears expensive for the VIN plate that bears no resemblance to the finished car and has no great stock value. You could pick up a NA auto for £4k, probably a NA rolling shell for £1.5k. maybe the mods add £20k or maybe they don't. that's the choice people are faced with when buying into someone else's project car.

For £22k I'd probably want a radio fitted.

I'll say it as others often shy away for fear of upsetting, it appears expensive for the VIN plate that bears no resemblance to the finished car and has no great stock value. You could pick up a NA auto for £4k, probably a NA rolling shell for £1.5k. maybe the mods add £20k or maybe they don't. that's the choice people are faced with when buying into someone else's project car.

1) it's bad form to slate people's cars on sale threads

2) it's a well specd, heavily modified single turbo. The vin plate means nothing. It's not an original car, and it's not supposed to be. A quick tally of just a few of the mods gets to over £20k, never mind the shell, The paint job, The enormous Labour bill for it all etc. And it has a nearly new 6 speed, a highly desirable plus point. It's well priced for what it is, and will sell. Not a great time of year for selling a single turbo 6 speed though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.