The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra wont start up or crank **SOLVED **

Dim Sum

Just wondering if anyone could shed a light on this.

I had to get the Supra recovered today, I have been driving the supra today park it up and later came back.

Tried to start it and nothing. Won't tun over or even crank. There's power so I know its not the battery and also if it was the battery the Clifford alarm would of beeped differently.

Would this be a starter motor issue?

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

At the moment once i unlock the car normally i have about 30 seconds to start up.

On the ignition position II i can hear the pump prime then i will try and start it up. But nothing not a click

I always thought that the immobiliser is off when i hear thr fuel pump prime.

At the moment once i unlock the car normally i have about 30 seconds to start up.

On the ignition position II i can hear the pump prime then i will try and start it up. But nothing not a click

I always thought that the immobiliser is off when i hear thr fuel pump prime.

Try and disconnect the alarm, then you know whether it's ignition side or fuel side that's giving you the problem. I had a similar thing with mine just recently. It would cut out after running for only 10 sec. Turns out it was a burnt out connection in the Fuel ECU in the boot behind the light switch. This might be worth a check too even though your fuel pump can be heard pumping fuel.

I know how frustrating it can be not knowing exactly where to start.

Good luck.

Gaz

Try and disconnect the alarm, then you know whether it's ignition side or fuel side that's giving you the problem. I had a similar thing with mine just recently. It would cut out after running for only 10 sec. Turns out it was a burnt out connection in the Fuel ECU in the boot behind the light switch. This might be worth a check too even though your fuel pump can be heard pumping fuel.

I know how frustrating it can be not knowing exactly where to start.

Good luck.

Gaz

In regards to the fuel ecu. Would that cause the car not to crank?

Have you tried bump starting it? If it bump starts its going to be the starter more than likely..

Its on the drive way now. So it be hard for me to test that out. Well if i had a few people with me probably can try it but im on my own :(

Going to check the fuses first and go from there

Little update.

Starter motor is fine. It will start bypassing the ignition and make it run from under the car.

Don't seem to have any feed from the inside so i now assume its the immobiliser.

I have a Clifford 650

Anyone know anything regards to this alarm?