The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky insurance again

ripped_fear

So with allot of negativity towards SKy recently I thought I would post my experience this year.

So this is the 5th consecutive year for me insuring the Supra with Sky, they came in at £30 more than Flux however for this they agreed to a 16k agreed valuation so I'm very happy with that. For reference that is on a BPU TT6 all mods declared, 5000 miles with the car stored in a garage, I'm 26 with 9 years protected no claims.

I'm very happy with that, as I tried all the usual's, comparisons websites, flux, foot man james etc and there's didn't come close.

Thanks SKy.

Jake

So with allot of negativity towards SKy recently I thought I would post my experience this year.

So this is the 5th consecutive year for me insuring the Supra with Sky, they came in at £30 more than Flux however for this they agreed to a 16k agreed valuation so I'm very happy with that. For reference that is on a BPU TT6 all mods declared, 5000 miles with the car stored in a garage, I'm 26 with 9 years protected no claims.

I'm very happy with that, as I tried all the usual's, comparisons websites, flux, foot man james etc and there's didn't come close.

Thanks SKy.

Jake

What was the total cost Jake?

I am surprised we actually bother with insurance up here. For £500 you could buy a house..!!

H.

:D

Yep can't complain here either. Great guys to deal with, when he asked for a list of mods I just pointed him to my garage page on here!

£410 fully comp, 38 years old. Shite I'm getting old.

Nice to hear others still getting a good service too.

That's pretty good, do you have to reference anything when you quote?

I'll be back on the road fully after lot's of new changes, so a much higher value would be appreciated.

Nothing special, for the agreed valuation part it requires copies of receipts and documents etc nothing major.

What is the point of an agreed valuation on a car like the Supra? The agreed price is only valid for the duration of the poilcy if I'm not mistaken? So 10 months down the line, if you have an accident, but the market value has gone up 20%, they will only pay out the agreed price, so all you're doing is screwing yourself out of money.

A regular policy will pay out the market value of the vehicle at the time of the accident, so I honestly don't see the point.

What is the point of an agreed valuation on a car like the Supra? The agreed price is only valid for the duration of the poilcy if I'm not mistaken? So 10 months down the line, if you have an accident, but the market value has gone up 20%, they will only pay out the agreed price, so all you're doing is screwing yourself out of money.

A regular policy will pay out the market value of the vehicle at the time of the accident, so I honestly don't see the point.

I always thought the agreed value the amount you can prove you have spent on the car rather than the market value?

Im happy with my cover, but they are increasingly hard to get a hold of, i plan to be on hold 30 minutes every time i call them.

And i've had no experience of claiming (touch wood) and this is mostly where they fall down (from previous threads) Nice as pie taking money, not so nice giving it back.

Agreed value is not market price.. Agreed value is what you agree with the insurer based on what you've spent with receipts to prove. Ultimately the FULL cost of replacing your car, including mods if you binned it.

Thanks SKy.

Jake

Thank you for the kind feedback. It's much appreciated.

Alex

Im happy with my cover, but they are increasingly hard to get a hold of, i plan to be on hold 30 minutes every time i call them.

And i've had no experience of claiming (touch wood) and this is mostly where they fall down (from previous threads) Nice as pie taking money, not so nice giving it back.

Agreed value is not market price.. Agreed value is what you agree with the insurer based on what you've spent with receipts to prove. Ultimately the FULL cost of replacing your car, including mods if you binned it.

Admittedly, there was a period about 2 years ago where our customer service department became short staffed and we were very busy. This has long since been rectified and our longest wait time for exiting customers in June was 4 1/2 minutes. This is excluding a 40 minute period on one morning where we had external phone issues. There was nothing we could do about that.

We take every single claim seriously. It's only in our interest to do so as a lot of our custom is customer recommendation. We also take a lot of pride in what we do.

Any customer of ours who has any queries is free to email [email protected] with the subject 'FOA Alex' and I will do my best to help.

Alex