The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gawsworth Hall Car Show 30May16

Spunkmeyer

They usually have a classic car show earlier but it was rained off this year. However a new event more towards modernish cars of recent era called:

Young Timer car show 1970-1990 or cars of that ilk permitted upon application

I've been sent an invite to this (as I've been the normal car show before) - so they must be prepared to accept MKiv Supras. This is by application only! The form is on the website

I'm planning to go and it's free (if through the sponsor website) or £5 on the gate

if anybody else wants to come we could setup a small group of us - if so they would like warning to make a suitable space.

http://www.gawsworthhall.com/portfolio_page/youngtimer/

Really is a beautiful location - so much so, I got married there!

Would be great if we could get a few to come

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

A nice acceptance message from the owner of Gawsworth Hall. Come on guys - wheres your sense of adventure outside of wigan :p :search:

Dear Christian,

Delighted you can attend the Youngtimer Show on May 30th.

Your Supra is absolutely ideal for display and I well remember what an impact the then new model Supra had when it came out in the early 90s. Almost overnight big GT cars like the Porsche 928 were rendered redundant as the Supra was such a big step forward. I also thought they were a very good looking car.

I expect we will have around 150 vehicles on display and I hope that the event will recapture the camaraderie of the early classic car shows.

You may arrive anytime from 9.30am onwards, please just print off an e-ticket from Carole Nash's web site.

Best wishes,

Rupert Richards

It's a normal working day for me Christian and often busier than normal because all

My customers are off and will spend the day at the farm. I'll see what I can do. Would like to come. Talk to you about it on Tuesday over a table full of steaks.

Thanks to Ian and Jackie for coming down for the day and a nice surprise to meet Dr Doom to turn up with his white supra and mate Tom in his Fricken awesome I nearly at wet myself wide body Capri v8 conversion!!!

Really great relaxed bank holiday Monday - hopefully we can have regular turn out. We need more Supras than MR2 come on!...

Looked at great day out Christian. And unexpectedly you got the right weather. Wish I could have come. My supra is still not back from Undersealing. Slow job to do it right in the correct stages and drying in between. Hope to get it back during the next couple of days.

What a great day out! A last minute decision from me to dust off the supra and have a drive up but I'm glad I did. Nice to meet you Christian and great to see Ian again after such a long time :)

Now the supra is out of hibernation I'll definitely make an effort to get to the next NW meet :thumbs: