The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tuesday 19th Jan16 @ 8pm The Merlin - Alderley Edge....ooh I say

Spunkmeyer

Hi All

ALL Sorted Meeting 19Jan16 at 8pm The Merlin in Alderley Edge

Venue this time is down near my neck of the woods and since I took such a public beating for my first venue choice (trying to be fair to all your wallets), this time, no mercy, only the best burnt burgers will do. Only a little further than last time but easier to come round M60 and A34 South Past Cheadle. its 50ft off the A34 at the Alderley Edge / Wilmslow island.

SO The Merlin - Alderley Edge

https://www.themerlin.co.uk/content/pcdg/north-west/themerlin/groupdining

https://www.themerlin.co.uk/content/pcdg/north-west/themerlin/findus

Starters from £6/7/8

Mains from £10 up to £25 for posh meat eaters. However most importantly the Burger is £12.50

Let me know and I'll book us in

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

Looks good Christian. 19th is good for me but can do 26th if needed. I've heard the girl from the stone cross has applied for a job as waitress. She said she has a qualification with the altzimers society. Chef has not got his yet. Look forward to it. Start the list and put my name on please.

I think it would be best if you start a new thread on this topic to see what interest is generated unsure of Mod rules for attending an event by representing the club officially. copy paste these short replies into the thread to kick it off

Need this thread to stay on topic, thanks

Hi All - there a fair number of views on this thread but not much interest, don't know if its January blues or the distance. I wont be offended if its too far south for people and you want to change location. Only I don't know any place to recommend further north of me so it would need some ideas suggesting. I can only suggest (from memory) The Windmill at Junction 19 M6 - (where that Evo spins out trying to burn off a Biker from the lights (what an appendage):

http://www.thewindmillattabley.co.uk/

Never been, but always looks busy and right off the motorway and I suppose its easier to get too. I haven't booked anywhere yet, id need to ring up the windmill if preferred (Merlin was fine) but we wont have 15 Supras out at this time of year so no need tbh

Happy to sort something that suits more people

Alderney edge sounds good to me buddy. It's not that far and we should go to all parts of the north west area. Our group are often slow to react but then often pour in at the end. I generally guess a table size and then hope for the best. Rick knows about it will be hoping to come but can't say yet as he is moving office and is pulled out. Come on guys. Help us put this show on by saying yep I am coming or no I can't make it. Many people read the threads and don't respond. I'll probably be coming in the wife's Range Rover as our farm lane is washed away and the supra is struggling. Cheers

World's full of cheapskates......Were talking about FOOD, not an electricity bill. Enjoy the good food and if the service is crap we can always get them a job at the stone cross. (its a win win, foods good all's well....food bad and Christian will have done it again, win win) almost worth it being bad to see his smiling face. LOL

Nice meeting last night at the Merlin. Good choice from Christian and Karen but really fancied calling in at the Boddington arms as I passed it. The chef seemed to be in the car park crying. Maybe he just tasted his burger. Food and service was good at the merlin and it cost much the same although Ian didn't have his usual big steak as the small ones needed a mortgage. We need to think of ways to encourage more people to come out on meetings otherwise I can see our group going down and down. This maybe inevitable as less and less supras are on the road. If you have any ideas, suggest them please. Good luck to Christian on this trip today. hope he doesent get hit by any Scuds, but if he does, Ive got first dibs on the new brake pads (still in the box)