Cheddar gorge meet anyone?

Andy_s-TT-Supra

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A massive thank you to everyone that came along to today's meet. It was great meeting you all and seeing some fantastic cars! - never have I been in a better line of traffic :)

I'm quite glad I was in the middle of the pack of cars driving up and down the gorge as I could blend in with the sound of the exhausts and nobody realised mine made no noise at all! - although I'm sure I did see one kid at the side of the road point and laugh :)

Hopefully when the weathers better we can arrange another meet again.

Thanks for taking the time to come along, it's much appreciated

image.jpg

It was good to meet you all yesterday, apologies for the handbrake turn... I couldn't resist! Its a shame it only got a 1/10 from the judges though! :D

A massive thank you to everyone that came along to today's meet. It was great meeting you all and seeing some fantastic cars! - never have I been in a better line of traffic :)

I'm quite glad I was in the middle of the pack of cars driving up and down the gorge as I could blend in with the sound of the exhausts and nobody realised mine made no noise at all! - although I'm sure I did see one kid at the side of the road point and laugh :)

Hopefully when the weathers better we can arrange another meet again.

Thanks for taking the time to come along, it's much appreciated

Yeah sorry about that, I had to point it out to my wife :p. Great looking car though mate, it is very tidy indeed. Made the paintwork and wheels on mine look even worse than normal!

As was mentioned a few times yesterday, you should all put your names down for the Christmas lunch meet..... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?327830-Christmas-lunch-2015-Sunday-Nov-29th

I think you took out one of those guys on their scooters rolling down the road :) I'd give it a 1.5, maybe 2 haha

Cheers dude, if I leave it out in this rain much longer the bodywork won't stay like that :( - as soon as the move happens next month I'm getting it straight in the garage!

Kayleigh's got a baby shower to go to at midday that day but if she's home early enough i'll def pop along to say hello and for the cruise after

It was good to meet you all yesterday, apologies for the handbrake turn... I couldn't resist! Its a shame it only got a 1/10 from the judges though! :D

Yeah sorry about that, I had to point it out to my wife :p. Great looking car though mate, it is very tidy indeed. Made the paintwork and wheels on mine look even worse than normal!

As was mentioned a few times yesterday, you should all put your names down for the Christmas lunch meet..... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?327830-Christmas-lunch-2015-Sunday-Nov-29th

Haha wow thats some harsh marking! Not sure a life sentence would be worth a 0.5 increase in marks though :p.

I know what you mean, I wish I had a garage, cleaning it is almost pointless during the winter months. Atleast the paintwork on mine is tatty anyway so can't make it much worse haha.

From the thread it looks like the cruise might be before lunch. Sounds good though, you could always pop along for a drink if you cant make it in time for the food.

Yeah they will look really nice. I liked that gold bolts, polished lips and black spokes combination. Also the fully polished ones on the thread about your wheels look amazing.

I plan to work out what I need to do to get my new wheels to fit this weekend. Looks like I will need; spacers to clear the brakes, change my wheel studs and potentially roll my front arches / buy narrower tyres if they rub.... I wish I had just bought wheels that fit haha. Atleast the rear ones look like they will go on without any messing around.

Just take the front brakes off :) - you've still got the back brakes, who needs fronts haha.

I saw the thread regarding the HKS exhausts for sale @ £567 inc vat and shipping and I'm so tempted after seeing the video as they sound amazing . . . . hmm decisions decisions.

If the weathers nice at the weekend I think I'll give the Supra a run down to Costco - I hear they have opened up a petrol station on site with unleaded priced at 99.9 for members so might as well fill her up whilst I'm there :)

Yeah they will look really nice. I liked that gold bolts, polished lips and black spokes combination. Also the fully polished ones on the thread about your wheels look amazing.

I plan to work out what I need to do to get my new wheels to fit this weekend. Looks like I will need; spacers to clear the brakes, change my wheel studs and potentially roll my front arches / buy narrower tyres if they rub.... I wish I had just bought wheels that fit haha. Atleast the rear ones look like they will go on without any messing around.

Haha good point, it's only an NA after all so doesn't need that many brakes anyway :p.

That exhaust looks fantastic, I have always liked that burnt tip look. For the money that looks like a good way to go! Might aswel decat it at the same time. Wouldn't need much more to BPU it after that ;).

Is that the one at Cribbs Causeway? Damn thats cheap! I take it thats for regular unleaded though? I try to only put super unleaded in mine, makes a surprisingly big difference to my mpg and runs alot nicer too.

It does look and sound amazing - believe me I am very tempted to order one. It is quite nice that its good the removable silencer as well so at least the option is there.

If I got that exhaust would any decat go with it if I chose to decat at a later date?

The one in Avonmouth so only down the motorway. All I know is that its for unleaded, not sure if they will do super or whether the price is the same. I haven't actually used super in mine yet as I assumed it wouldn't really make much difference on the factory settings.

Haha good point, it's only an NA after all so doesn't need that many brakes anyway :p.

That exhaust looks fantastic, I have always liked that burnt tip look. For the money that looks like a good way to go! Might aswel decat it at the same time. Wouldn't need much more to BPU it after that ;).

Is that the one at Cribbs Causeway? Damn thats cheap! I take it thats for regular unleaded though? I try to only put super unleaded in mine, makes a surprisingly big difference to my mpg and runs alot nicer too.

It will make alot of difference. The octane rating is a measure of the fuels ability to resist knock (the higher the better). In Japan I think they only have super unleaded which would mean they are mapped and set up for that fuel. You may get away with using regular unleaded in them because the ECU retards the timing when it detects knock (which is the reason why there is a difference in power on the two fuels). However as it will be knocking (even if it is a small amount every so often), this will lead to premature engine wear and failure. Not only that but in my NA I find I get between 50-75 miles extra out of a tank of super compared to regular so I figure it makes sense to spend the extra £5-10 on a tank. I am sure you would see a similar result with the two fuels in a TT.

Yeah removable silencers are handy, especially if you ever want to take it on a track day. I have one for mine but found it really restrictive and made it feel like it had no power at the top end... or I should say even less haha.

All of the second decats I have seen have the same flange so you can bolt any to you exhaust. Just have to match the diameters. There is another cat on a supra just after the turbo which I think is the most restrictive of the two. This one is different to the NA ones. You may need to keep the second one for mot's if you removed them both. My NA passes without them due to being an import and its age but I am not sure if that is the same with TT's.

For a bear who does not speak this man talks a lot of sence ;)

Wise man

Thanks guys, though without sounding too vain Axl... for a bear my typing skills are equally as impressive, given the shape of my paws and the distraction of having a bearded guy 'sunflowering' me all day long! haha

As soon as I've run the current tank down I will fill up with super I promise :)

Still considering getting infinity exhausts to do a system as a cat back fully fitted / made for £370 is not bad then I can always get the decats done at a later date.

Need to find a good place to refurb my veilside wheels as well

That does sound like a good price compared to the cost of a Blitz or HKS exhaust. Have you heard/seen one of their exhausts before?

From what I have seen I think alot of people on here use Ibrar to refurb wheels. Maybe get a quote from him if you havent already.

I've had one of their exhausts before and the quality is really good plus if you tell them what sound you are looking for they pretty much get it spot on. I did have one done before but at the time wanted it loud - big mistake! - needless to say after a trip up the motorway I had it booked in the following week to make it quieter :)

Ok cool thanks for the guidance there, will contact and see. I did take a couple of pics at the weekend of the wheels kinda propped up against the supra to see how they look - I must say they did look nice.