Applecross Invasion 2015 (21/08-23/08) loading....99%

SPG

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tony, I was in the same position as you last year mate and I was desperate to go but couldn't commit to anything at all around the date of the birth.

Jessica was born at the end of June and I managed to make it after seeing how things settled down for a couple of months.

We will keep you a slot as an exception due to knowing the position you are in. If you can make it closer to the time then great and if you can't then there is no pressure to commit as you will have no clue until the baby is born.

Bet you make it though; and stretch the new built cars legs ;)

:thumbs:

Tony, I was in the same position as you last year mate and I was desperate to go but couldn't commit to anything at all around the date of the birth.

Jessica was born at the end of June and I managed to make it after seeing how things settled down for a couple of months.

We will keep you a slot as an exception due to knowing the position you are in. If you can make it closer to the time then great and if you can't then there is no pressure to commit as you will have no clue until the baby is born.

Bet you make it though; and stretch the new built cars legs ;)

:thumbs:

I hope so buddy cheers.

Marcus expect a call about this today :).

Guys we have a pretty good idea of which fueling stations to use, It get tricky when we cross over to Skye, although we did find a BP garage near Portree from memory.

Marcus expect a call about this today :).

Guys we have a pretty good idea of which fueling stations to use, It get tricky when we cross over to Skye, although we did find a BP garage near Portree from memory.

Bare in mind just because it's BP doesn't mean it will have BP ultimate at the pumps. Most likely that far north it won't. Last time I used that fuel I needed to get the tank drained. The car coughed and spluttered after filling up. Before you go into Portree there is a garage but I don't think it's BP mate. Something's telling me it's an Esso mate but can't remember for the life of me if it had super unleaded. Might be worth a call. Last time I was there was on the bike so wouldn't have mattered why went in it at the time.

Bare in mind just because it's BP doesn't mean it will have BP ultimate at the pumps. Most likely that far north it won't. Last time I used that fuel I needed to get the tank drained. The car coughed and spluttered after filling up. Before you go into Portree there is a garage but I don't think it's BP mate. Something's telling me it's an Esso mate but can't remember for the life of me if it had super unleaded. Might be worth a call. Last time I was there was on the bike so wouldn't have mattered why went in it at the time.

Thanks Tony, I'm sure its the BP garage we all filled up at which had Ultimate. I only really remember this as I helped out a chap 997 Turbo, as he was low on oil, he promised to post me some in thanks for saving his engine, but do you think I ever heard anything :(.

Thanks Tony, I'm sure its the BP garage we all filled up at which had Ultimate. I only really remember this as I helped out a chap 997 Turbo, as he was low on oil, he promised to post me some in thanks for saving his engine, but do you think I ever heard anything :(.

Did you expect it off a nazi lover? He was straight to the 3rd Reich and laughed at you to his chums. I won't make it but if you need me to research anything or any questions about up there let me know I'll try my best to rack my pee brain.

We found 97 RON at the Gulf filling station in Broadford on Skye, the price was reasonable as they get the remote and island discount off the tax on their fuel.

AFAIK, that's the only super unleaded to the north and west of Fort William, so I'd suggest topping off tanks at the BP in Fort Bill and re-fuelling at Broadford, which is only 17 miles from Dornie. I've done this trip a few times in another car I have that requires super unleaded, it's not a problem so long as you know where the garages are and keep an eye on the fuel gauge! ;)

We found 97 RON at the Gulf filling station in Broadford on Skye, the price was reasonable as they get the remote and island discount off the tax on their fuel.

AFAIK, that's the only super unleaded to the north and west of Fort William, so I'd suggest topping off tanks at the BP in Fort Bill and re-fuelling at Broadford, which is only 17 miles from Dornie. I've done this trip a few times in another car I have that requires super unleaded, it's not a problem so long as you know where the garages are and keep an eye on the fuel gauge! ;)

We'll remembered :thumbs:

Tony; cheers for the help looking into this. We can fill up at the shell (most of us) near the x-cape on the morning we leave if needed. It might be a good idea if everyone has the same fuel level to start with (UK Spec 10 litres more but still gets same mileage as everyone else!)

We can use the gulf on Skye just after the bridge as it def sells high octane fuel and the garage westcoaster suggested if needed.

Might also be a tip (I'm going to try it) to keep the tank topped up in the weeks running upto it to spread the cost a bit. Ie £30 top up vs £90 fill up on the day.

I stupidly put £50 of 95 Ron fuel in this evening as I drove the Supe 450 miles down south in preparation for DB, that was a big mistake! It turns out a BPU TT does not like cheap fuel at all.

Had to stick another £65 Vpower in as soon as possible to clear out the evil lol.

Didn't realise it would react that badly, struggled to boost properly, was hesitant, didn't feel as fast.

After 100 miles of the good stuff being back in, all normality had resumed :)

No wonder it's rough :D

I bet they still charge a pretty penny for it too.

They do mate aye it's terrible stuff. Soon as I left the BP my car wouldn't boost it coughed and farted straight away. Drove normal off boost but it was awful on the car. Cost me £50 to get it drained and a new fuel filter. Never again if I'm stuck I'd use 95 and nurse it.