The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EBC Green and Red Stuff – for a Volvo

V

Sorry, link does work, but not on a Windows phone!

I stand corrected! Crikey, I never appreciated they were that big. I would have always put VW and Ford in front.

Think most people would too, but they have a HUGE presence in the ME & FE. Presence has always been good in the states but appear to be seeing more of them there too.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE.

A slight change as a few people slated EBC so thought I’d be a cautious.

Still fitted the EBC Ultimax Slotted Brake Discs and Motul RBF 600 fluid but went for a bespoke pad that I use on the Supe which have been fine.

On this though they were dire.

They felt so bad I took the car back to the garage to see if there was a problem.

I had to stomp on the brakes.

They did get marginally better, although they should have been fine from the off.

After several hundred miles later they still had no bite whatsoever and I had to press a lot harder for them to do anything and they gave no feel either.

It really did make the car terrible to drive.

I have now gone with my gut and fitted EBC Yellowstuff yesterday. What a difference!

Better than OEM from cold and have so much more bite when pushed a bit and with a good feel to them.

I’ll see how they perform in the coming weeks/months, but so far I am very impressed indeed – very impressed.

Some cars may suit them others may not, but question those slating them as these are bloody brilliant.

Highly recommended so far.

I'll be using these on the Supe for sure.

I jsut had a look on the EBC web site and they have specific comments on these discs:

Choose from EBC plain non drilled rotors or sport rotors in two choices – wide aperture GD Sport Rotors series for cooler running or new super silent Ultimax USR slotted rotor series. All EBC rotors including USR Slotted Rotors are British made and are precision machined in the UK. Rotors are made from high quality grey iron to exacting standards and undergo extensive testing and rigorous quality control. Slotted rotors can significantly improve brake performance and longevity when used with a matching high friction brake pad set.

It appears they recommend a high friction pad compound for them. My assumption was the discs were conventional and not in need of a specific high mu compound pad. In all honesty there is not anything odd about my pad compound if used on a normal disc, but for some reason they seem to be wanting a high friction compound to be used on these particular discs. I am happy to refund you.

Hi Chris, and thanks.

I've had 2 sets of your pads for the Supe with no issues and I have slotted discs as well.

I Don't know if its the extra weight, rolling circumference or what, but the difference is staggering, so much so I wasn't happy driving the Volvo.

We'll see how these last.....