The mkiv Supra Owners Club

leaking injector c2 1.4 hdi

Tyson

It had a leak when I bought but it was diagnosed by a previous garage for the previous owner as an oil leak but I have traced to the injector closest the drivers side. How hard is it to sort out the leak as I was going to have a go myself.

Depends how long it takes. If the cam cover seal has leaked down the injector, sometimes they come out, others they don't without a fight. It's worth replacing all 4 injector seals, and you'll need to replace the high pressure pipes. I would expect the best part of £500 mate.

Without seeing it mate, impossible to tell. It all depends if there's any oil leaked out of the cam cover and carbonised. If it's a straight forward injector swap, it won't be mega bucks, probably 2 hours labour + injector coding. Injectors can be around £250 a piece though. Plus the seals. Plus a high pressure pipe...

• 2 weeks later...
ended up costing me £120 to replace the seals.

That's a result then. Like I said, it's all dependant as to what condition the cam cover gasket's in. I did some when I was at ford that have taken literally 2 full days of cleaning the carbon shite up.

Was it the copper washers that were replaced at the bottom of the injector?

That's a result then. Like I said, it's all dependant as to what condition the cam cover gasket's in. I did some when I was at ford that have taken literally 2 full days of cleaning the carbon shite up.

Was it the copper washers that were replaced at the bottom of the injector?

Yes, there was virtually no build up at all he said it hadn't be leaking long. Probably why the previous owner sold it.

To be fair, it probably helps that you've got an interest in cars. Most people probably wouldn't have noticed. :thumbs:

I have my head under the bonnet at least two or three times a week to make sure that everything is ok. If I had the knowledge and time I would have liked to have done it myself.

I bought a saxo diesel for 75 quid then spent a week fixing the million problems wrong with it. I replaced the battery, alternator, thermostat, filters and all fluids. It was supposed to be a cheap buy :D then whilst driving to buy a replacement fuel pump which was leaking I wrote it off by driving it into the back of defender 90 :p

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)