The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mharvey's NA-T Journey

mharvey

Great write up mate. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the updates

Looking forward to see what plans you have for the Inlet manifold, I run the TT manifold but would like to change it at some point, IMO it sits alittle too high.

Subscribed :thumbs:

Thanks guys, yeah I'm going to have a rethink on the inlet.

Edited by mharvey (see edit history)

Part 7 - Bodyshop Update

Took a trip to the bodyshop today, got an update and had a look at the car.

The boot has been delivered and they are going to start prepping that.

I've been told they are aiming to put some primer down late today, they just have a few areas to finish off and remove any remaining trim.

IMG_8807.jpeg.c3cd9a205187d35da94153f7bb30892c.jpeg

IMG_8884.jpeg.3b0a2eb300f84787ad7839d80436ed09.jpeg

I may have missed this, but are you sticking with the original colour?

Yes mate I am sticking with the original :) To be honest I did initially consider a colour change to a brighter red but I decided against it in the end as I'd want to do everything i.e. all shuts, engine bay the lot

Great write up mate. Had this subscribed for a bit and got 'round to reading it this morning. Good luck with the build, I hope it all goes well. Look forwards to the up-dates.

Thanks for subscribing :) Yeah I'm hoping it all goes well too but these things never do haha.

What exhaust did you buy and where can I buy it?

It's a toyosports system I believe, it's not bad at all but will probably be replaced in the future.

Also just starting my na-t build. What cambelt kit are your running and which pulleys as i have gone with the hks cambelt and possibly whifbitz or hks pulleys to go with it

Going to replace the cambelt etc of course but will stick with oem, no need for anything else as far as I can see at the power I want etc. There are other area's I'd rather overspend to safeguard.

Part 7 (B) - Bodyshop Update

Another trip to the bodyshop to see how things are progressing...slowly would be the answer but progress is being made.

I don't know when it'll be ready but I guess it's not far off paint now.

IMG_8887.jpeg.7d3458419810df0d36db82fb20a8639e.jpeg

IMG_8888.jpeg.d1d23903de06dd5b28195b449a63dbd2.jpeg

IMG_8885.jpeg.6cdfaa45a892e6ba0393dd787dc7cc75.jpeg

Carbon Bootlid looks brilliant so it's almost a shame it's being painted but I couldn't do much else on a red car.

• 4 weeks later...

Part 8 - She's Painted

So finally we're there. Got the call last week to say she was painted and ready for me to start reassembly

I made the trip on Monday with the help of a friend and was greeted with this

IMG_9109.jpeg.899fd731e8856af9728204d1e5d1f0de.jpeg

Along with a load of colour coded plastics which look great, really glad I decided to do this as I was a little indecisive (they're not pink honest)

IMG_9110.jpeg.f7c928a8a0da5f65e39d5b1f076d26c4.jpeg

Started fitting parts and panels up in the bodyshop

IMG_9111.jpeg.70938c950e8f9d568349d47081259e79.jpeg

By the end of the day all major panels were fitted and the car could be left for the windows to be fitted and panels flatted etc.

IMG_9113.jpeg.3ee3eb808a6662c15e1532db69b06fdc.jpeg

I also trial fitted Rich's Splitter (rich.2211) as it was lying about in the bodyshop (mainly just to wind him up haha).

I do like it but think I'll stick with my HKS lip which will be going black I think and the OEM one removed. The paint looks a completely different colour here.

IMG_9114.jpeg.4530e63ddc34edde370f3685b793627a.jpeg

The window guy went down to the bodyshop today and fitted the windows with no drama's at all :)

IMG_9137.jpeg.ba42d4f93dc485408a6da0bb534e784f.jpeg

IMG_9138.jpeg.639387d177e50e7eed41d567eb625c24.jpeg

I have also (again with the help of Rich) managed to pick up some OEM leather seats, they're pretty much immaculate and were a bit of a bargain from a member on here.

IMG_9072.jpeg.083413e21c4f68fe39cb9693026abca3.jpeg

A few parts were delivered for my turbo conversion, really can't wait to turbo it but the funds have dried up and I have some exciting new priorities with a new job and impending move in the near future so that will be taking up any spare money for now.

Greddy Profec, lovely piece of kit and shocked at how miniature it is

IMG_9074.jpeg.d02784b8e7409412c08de3d1fddd07de.jpeg

Nice, large K&N filter too

IMG_9029.jpeg.b1ffec27869598984c34052564b74ad4.jpeg

Finally, my brakes are completely shot, I've purchased new discs and pads. No doubt they're fail poor compared to most set ups on here but they will certainly do the job for now, I'll be upgrading the brakes in some way when the turbo goes on, these are just an interim solution

IMG_8971.jpeg.266a3a07a40015a8e388e936d79a6acf.jpeg

This had best be parked next to my car at Fast Show :D

Haha don't want it showing you up do you ;) Well if I left the bonnet closed so people couldn't see the NA engine haha.

In all honesty mate, really doubt it's going to make it now. Not much to finish at bodyshop but I now can't get there until next week and then there's a lot to fit afterwards too.

Very nice topic, subscribed. Looks like a mint supra you got there man. Can't wait to see where this turns out to :D

Thanks Virus, yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out too!

Nice work, good to see money going into another N/A

On a side note, did you sell the old exhaust

Thanks Rog, but the time I've finished it would have made sense to buy a TT6 but that's all a long way off, the NA go me into Supra ownership sooner and hey, I'm having fun!

Yes mate I did, new owner did a good job polishing it up, cutting it open and reppadding the back box etc, something I considered as the exhaust was better made than my new one but the roadtrip meant I couldn't wait

Thanks Rog, but the time I've finished it would have made sense to buy a TT6 but that's all a long way off, the NA go me into Supra ownership sooner and hey, I'm having fun!

Yes mate I did, new owner did a good job polishing it up, cutting it open and reppadding the back box etc, something I considered as the exhaust was better made than my new one but the roadtrip meant I couldn't wait

Yeah I think I could of bought 2 TT6 by now lol

I have the same exhaust and mine has no baffling either, but sounds great on a TT

• mharvey changed the title to mharvey's NA-T Journey