The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spring cleaning Druridge bay REARRANGED AGAIN FOR JUNE 28th

safcdixon

I had a Guy come out and remove a few dents last year for my Clio 182 it took him maybe 30mins and the finish was good no cracks or other damage that was £80.

Jurgen had a few taken out of My Supra when it was imported I saw the car dents before and after and whoever Jurgen got to do it did a good Job but I believe there is an element of risk involved regardless as mentioned depending on your specific cars paint history etc..

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a Guy come out and remove a few dents last year for my Clio 182 it took him maybe 30mins and the finish was good no cracks or other damage that was £80.

Jurgen had a few taken out of My Supra when it was imported I saw the car dents before and after and whoever Jurgen got to do it did a good Job but I believe there is an element of risk involved regardless as mentioned depending on your specific cars paint history etc..

So Matt do you think a should get a test done on my paint work to see how it is before a go ahead ?

This sunday fellas!!!! Whos ready? Im not quite there yet tbh

Our entry time has been confirmed into the showground its a 9:15 entry time so were in amongst the early ones, we have spare tickets so if you know of anyone that isnt going please ask them along if the have a worthy car (no crap fellas haha) id rather have the full 15 cars in the show than the 8 or whatever we have at the moment i e lost track at this point

Il sort out the definates of meeting points in the next few hours

This sunday fellas!!!! Whos ready? Im not quite there yet tbh

Our entry time has been confirmed into the showground its a 9:15 entry time so were in amongst the early ones, we have spare tickets so if you know of anyone that isnt going please ask them along if the have a worthy car (no crap fellas haha) id rather have the full 15 cars in the show than the 8 or whatever we have at the moment i e lost track at this point

Il sort out the definates of meeting points in the next few hours

What you got left to do mate?

My list is:

Clean inside.

Clean outside.

Polish outside.

Polish wheels.

What you got left to do mate?

My list is:

Clean inside.

Clean outside.

Polish outside.

Polish wheels.

Waiting for tyres to be delivered

Fit said tyres

Mot

Add a couple of extra brackets to diffuser

Wash, wax, clean inside etc

Stitch me p/s seat where i ripped it open :(

Thats it i think done most of the snag list yesterday

Oh an i need to tarmac me garage driveway as ive had to lower the ramp into it, as it took about 20mins to get it in there with the new lip and diffuser on lol ive dug out just need an early day at work so i can go get some base for it as the car is currently stuck in there :D

Plans look good mate. That's the route I take to my lasses family. Bit of a bad crossing on the a1 but it's not avoidable. Might just have to space out abit.

Added a map to the 1st post its slightly longer but is a better route to avoid the a1 cross and rail crossings

Haha do share Ross it might make me feel better about my list, how'd it go at revolution last week? All good?

touch up engine bay paint

finish of piping tuck on brake booster pipe

finish off carbon dipping spark plug cover and fuse box. ( bought a kit- first go was a disaster :-))

refit interior plastic

I have to re bleed the brakes! I have to to the master cylinder as well, read the service manual but can't work out if I bleed the MC with fluid in it surely it's going to drop out everywhere once you disconnect the brake lines... Anyone else done it before. ?

change the oil/ filter

new wheel studs/ touch up black alloys.

cut some mesh to go over my turbo trumpet.

Clean inside.

Clean outside

revolution on was great though. It now drives like a new car. !

touch up engine bay paint

finish of piping tuck on brake booster pipe

finish off carbon dipping spark plug cover and fuse box. ( bought a kit- first go was a disaster :-))

refit interior plastic

I have to re bleed the brakes! I have to to the master cylinder as well, read the service manual but can't work out if I bleed the MC with fluid in it surely it's going to drop out everywhere once you disconnect the brake lines... Anyone else done it before. ?

change the oil/ filter

new wheel studs/ touch up black alloys.

cut some mesh to go over my turbo trumpet.

Clean inside.

Clean outside

revolution on was great though. It now drives like a new car. !

Cheers Ross makes my list look tiny :D lots of late nights ahead buddy :), good to hear revo got it sorted, see what mine is like on the road may have seek their services if its a wonderer

Brake bleeding: connect all your lines etc if you have a one man bleed kit undo the p/s rear nipple connect oneman kit, pump til the peddles hard, repeat on all calipers, works a treat as far as i know the master will just gravity bleed in

Cheers, yeah already gone through that procedure twice, one with a vacuum kit and the other as a two man job, still spongy pedal. Hoping its settled over the past few days, going to bleed it again tomorrow night.

if your going down Wednesday night I'll take that lower spoiler off you... If you still have it?

Cheers, yeah already gone through that procedure twice, one with a vacuum kit and the other as a two man job, still spongy pedal. Hoping its settled over the past few days, going to bleed it again tomorrow night.

if your going down Wednesday night I'll take that lower spoiler off you... If you still have it?

Really, not got an airleak somewhere, they can be a right pita like

Yeah still got it here bud il fetch it no probs you want me to get that wing from you at the same time?

Looks as though this event is getting postponed due to bad weather, which means ill be able to go, so put me back on the list. Cheers. Hopefully its on a date where everyone is free! They are thinking june/july and will confirm a date by 5pm tomorrow.

Looks as though this event is getting postponed due to bad weather, which means ill be able to go, so put me back on the list. Cheers. Hopefully its on a date where everyone is free! They are thinking june/july and will confirm a date by 5pm tomorrow.

Cheers for updating this James, yeah looks like its been cancelled due too the weather forecast being awful

UPDATE: A new date has been announced and Spring Cleaning 2015 will be taking place on Saturday 23rd May.

Cheers James :thumbs: just been updating the 1st post

Could everyone confirm whether they can make the 23rd or not il start a new list on this Post please confirm below if you cant il issue you the refund of you ticket

1.safcdixon

Howay lads i need to know numbers, so i can go away and beg mates etc to come along if we cant fill the stand with proper cars ideally id like it filled with supras and only 2/3 other marques, please add your name to the list if you can still make the date :)