The mkiv Supra Owners Club

350z performance upgrades

listy

A friend of mine owns a 350z (completely stock) 2006 model, and wants to improve a few things.

Now, he has asked me two things:

1- How to make it more fuel efficient
    2- How to make it faster

The first thing I said, was if he's worrying about economy, a 350z is the wrong car to own.

I have also explained to him that the two don't really go hand in hand. If he wants it faster, he'll drop economy.

However, if we take it as "Option 1" and "Option 2" what are the best ways to go about each one?

I've suggested a re-map (if the ecu is mappable, I don't know) to improve fuel economy, or performance.

For performance, I've suggested a more free flowing exhaust with sport cats, uprated rad, uprated panel filter.

I'm pretty sure you can buy turbo kits for them too, but I don't think he's after spending that much.

Any pointers for him would be appreciated.

I've also suggested popping in to Whifbits SW to talk to Paul about the best options for what he wants.

Guest lloydy

They made a later version, with the vq35hr engine in it, stock power figures upto 313bhp, and they are also more fuel efficient aprox 25mpg than old style engine. think they made them from 07 or 57 onwards though. granted they are usually abit more expensive but more cost efficient if your after more power. I know this because my brother has one and he beats my NA by a long shot, and he is also at the petrol station alot less then me haha