MKiv Owners Nurburgring Nordschleife Trip 2015

gordy.r

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a heads up. I would not show up with an only track car. They have stopped several guys trying to get on the nordschleife with track cars. Should have a number plate and mot at least. Noise on the other side is not much of a problem on the nordschleife but more on the GP track.

Regarding fuel: we have super unleaded(with 5% ethanol and10%ethanol content) which both have95octane rating and super plus with98octane rating and 5% ethanol content. There are pumps(aral and shell e. G. ) with100 and102 octane Aral with102 is in adenau just atoms the corner of the tourist entrance :)

If I remember anything else or if there are questions don't hesitate to ask.. I'm there quite often :)

Oh I'm in if the date suits its just a 80mile drive or so for me ;)

Hmm Same...

I hope you'll come over, your car is my all time favorite :D

I don't want to scare anyone out but theoretically the same regulations apply as on open road while there are Touristenfahrten. You could get away with number plates only but don't rely on it. Still, working lighting is a must.

• 2 weeks later...
A thing I've forgot. All lighting has to be in place. So no replacements for working headlights etc :)

Your correct and what you said, they only let track cars on when its a trackday organised by other organisations.

With normal open days (touristenfahrten) its open road regulations that apply.

A friend of mine organises full trackdays there, i could get some dates closer to that time and see what the costs are.

they have racing cars attend it all the time..

Your correct and what you said, they only let track cars on when its a trackday organised by other organisations.

A friend of mine organises full trackdays there, i could get some dates closer to that time and see what the costs are.

Yeah if you could find out that would be great, thanks.

A,though I know the last time I looked in to it, it was around £550 per day, per driver/car.

The benefit is you have the track all day, there's no 'tourists', and it's an open pit lane scenario.

Downside, limited availability, cost, most drivers are pretty good (fast) lol

Worth a look anyways! :)

That would be cool, i did a DN trackday in 2011 was ok if a little boring, oh i like racing racing cars:D

A very close shave! Just goes to show the inherent dangers that can be present at every corner on the Nordschleife!

These boys did well to avoid some serious damage!

http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/home/amusingamazing/651-video-the-closest-thing-to-crashing-without-crashing

That's awesome, very, very lucky chaps. Something to look back on and breathe a big sigh of relief about!

I've only once driven fast in a 'pack' as that article talks - and I was leading, but I didn't really like it as I kept thinking, but he (behind me) can't see the track ahead as well as me.... what if.....) and I as a result drove a bit slower than I do normally.

Bloody hell, how did that not end badly lol, ive got another like that but with a mini, looking for it now.

Tbh though gord posting these videos up will put most of our members off going to the ring lol, so it`ll be just you and me on the trip:D or if they do go then atleast it gives them a little bit of insight.

• 2 weeks later...

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10650015_10152234143550588_8119670734410412058_n.jpg?oh=7eabae37e1948ea68cf5156fe708f24a&oe=547F33D5

My friend is working for RSR so I could ask for maybe some better rates on car hiring from them if anyone is interested?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10650015_10152234143550588_8119670734410412058_n.jpg?oh=7eabae37e1948ea68cf5156fe708f24a&oe=547F33D5

My friend is working for RSR so I could ask for maybe some better rates on car hiring from them if anyone is interested?

Ohhhh I would love to take the new GTR round for a lap! :D

Bloody hell, how did that not end badly lol, ive got another like that but with a mini, looking for it now.

Tbh though gord posting these videos up will put most of our members off going to the ring lol, so it`ll be just you and me on the trip:D or if they do go then atleast it gives them a little bit of insight.

Wow! Luckily they were in a slow car lol :rlol:

Well if it's just us two then there will be less people on the track to get in our way :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...