The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota mr2 question

CraigD0404

This was mine with some Supra rims before its respray:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/4476891376_516e1acb5c_b.jpg

Look at the door sills, they're a common rust area, if its kitted get under the car and see if you can see under the skirts, passenger side is the usual one, but check both. Ask the owner to remove the trim under the frunk (it's just a few easy clips) then check the firewall for any damage, that'll tell you if its had a smash.

Other than that its the usual suspension knocks, smoke etc if its a turbo then check the turbo shaft for play, it should have zero side - side and minimal in - out.

Absolute max boost is 1.2bar on a stock engine, personally I kept mine to 1bar.

As long as the body work and engine is good, you should be okay suspension parts are cheap, it doesn't have expensive wishbones etc

As others have said, the MR2 doesn't have the build quality of the Supra, but it does give you a rush to drive, its less forgiving than the Supra and more on limit of putting you backwards into the ditch at every corner. I never span mine but came close quite a few times on track.

I still have a few MR2 bits in the garage so if there's anything they need give me a shout, I'd be glad to get it out the garage :)

Nice sticker :)

thanks for all the replies guys, its been a lot of help. my mate has been offered a nice rev4 it looks really nice and clean apart from one tiny bit of rust underneath, the guy has said hes treated it and shouldn't get any worse and has sent a pic to show but im not to sure about it and I know a pic isn't best to judge, just wondering your opinions on it, here is the pic,

cheers

410178AC-577A-4177-8ACC-7DA5A952B984_zps40kgj2j3.jpg

That's a common place for them to go but if its running there its usually the inner of the 3 sill layers is rotten. To be sure you need to check that area by looking at the inside which can be viewed from inside the car and removing the 1/4 speaker covers and at the base of there. We use a borescope for a proper inspection