The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fixed - Error code 63 -O/d light flashing

scott.wild

Hi, I have error code 63 on Jpec TT Auto, Symptoms are that third gear appears to be missed and this can happen at various speeds, sometimes while driving or just sat in traffic the od light goes out and everything is back to normal.

So far I have changed the solenoids and transmission fluid and changed the autobox Ecu. I have checked the wiring for speed converters and returned to stock, still error 63, I have checked the power output from the accelerator pedal which goes from 0v to 8v so presuming the TPS is ok. Any other ideas on where to look, I suspect a lose wire/connector somewhere, are there any usual suspects. Thanks.

Edited by scott.wild (see edit history)

Just checked on the sticky and there is no 63 code

unless someone can say other wise?

code 63 is showing as Auto transmission break in solenoid 2 circuit, this is what lead me to changing the solenoids in the box, after swapping out the auto box ecu, checking cables, re soldering dry joints on the odometer. The speed converter is a Thor converter/delimiter but always worth a try, although the speedo and odometer both work as expected.

Guest Robertbates

A up mate I had same problem with my n/a auto. Have you tried linking the terminals on the diagnostic socket under the bonnet this makes the lights on the instrument cluster flash in a sequence that gives a code for the fault on your system I did this and found it was code 42 this was no1 speed sensor fault. I can give you all the info on what terminals to link out and where to put a multimeter on the connections to the ecu to check the signal is getting there. My problem was a resistor come loose on the back of the odo circuit board, soldered back on and job done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
How didyou come to find them ? What lead you to look at the main ecu?

Process of elimination really, everything else checked out ok and i started swopping things out, the ecu was next on the list to be swopped, so took the ecu out to confirm the part number and decided to check for dry joints, the capacitors were clearly blown, no dry joints though.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No. Mileage is stored in odometer, not the ECU. I’d you change your odo you will have different mileage unless you get it clocked yo your current mileage. 

if you are getting a buffer circuit error then no reason to change the odo just do the wiring mod for code 42 (Google it, plenty of threads on it)