The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road Day - AMD Tuning Sunday 10th August

Peter P

Hey Guys,

A few of us over on the Lexus forum are looking to setup a rolling road day at AMD in Essex.

Here is the post from the IS-F forum:

Right, I have been threatening to set up a RR meet so put my mouth in to action today. I called 'AMD Tuning' in based in Thurrock to get some details.

- We need 15-20 cars

- If we get over 20 cars they will throw in a BBQ

- We need to book 1-2 months in advance

- £35 per person for 2 runs on the dyno

AMD are a well established and well recognised tuner with a car in BTTC. Link to their site is below.

http://www.amdtuning.com/index.cfm

I know thats quite a few cars for this forum but lets see how much interest we get. It would be good to get a range of cars along. They dont have to be Lexus cars! Feel free to invite mates as well. Anything to make up numbers.

Before we discuss dates lets start a list to see who would e interested! Copy and paste the list and add your name.

If we are short on numbers i may go to another forum i am on to drum up interest there as well.

Run rate:

MPS oc - 2

Lexus oc - 3

Piston heads - 3

R32 oc -

Supra oc -

List.

1. Stu

2. Gibbsy

3. Pete

Can you let me know if any of you guys would be interested in attending? Should be a good day if we can get enough interest.

Any questions, post them here or PM me.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Edited by Peter P
added date of the event to the title (see edit history)

Dates are undecided at this point.

Trying to gauge interest first and foremost.

The Austec day is just a bit too soon unfortunately! :(

Otherwise I'd suggest we tag along with you guys (provided no one minded of course! ;)).

We need 15 at the bare minimum.

Got 9 so far from 4 different forums.

I'll let you guys know the dates as and when we get enough participants.

Cheers.

I could be up for another go on the rollers after this Sat, but it depends on what/if there is anything that needs tweaking/retesting.

Good man! :thumbs:

Looks like there will a date in May, and two in June to choose from.

Plenty of time to add a few extra mod's, and see how much more power you get compared with the rollers this weekend! ;)

Should be a good day out with a nice mix of cars. :)

Good man! :thumbs:

Looks like there will a date in May, and two in June to choose from.

Plenty of time to add a few extra mod's, and see how much more power you get compared with the rollers this weekend! ;)

Should be a good day out with a nice mix of cars. :)

Let's get a date booked in June, taking into account quite a few people away on DB so cars could be getting prepped during this time.

Abz

Nice one chaps. :thumbs:

Have suggested we aim for June per Abz comments regarding the DB.

Will post the dates up once decided. Will probably be a Saturday I would think. Not sure if they are open Sunday's?! (doubtful!)

Keep 'em coming guys! Be nice if we could get say 5 Supe's to attend. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Right so having called AMD to try and book something in June (they say they need 2 months notice), they are fully booked! :(

We've pencilled in Sunday 10th August (guessing that was the first clear date they had!), so plenty of time for peeps to finish off their mods etc before hitting the rollers! ;)

Hopefully this date will work for you guys??

Cheers.

Right so having called AMD to try and book something in June (they say they need 2 months notice), they are fully booked! :(

We've pencilled in Sunday 10th August (guessing that was the first clear date they had!), so plenty of time for peeps to finish off their mods etc before hitting the rollers! ;)

Hopefully this date will work for you guys??

Cheers.

Perfect, sounds like enough time for me to make sure she is BPU. Seeing as I now know she spits flames I am looking forward to more footage :D