The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North east, members list

safcdixon

Thanks shaz and dixon, is that company related to xo motorsports in any way? I normally get oil and stuff changed from a local garage but am sure it's time for a timing belt change even if it hasn't hit the mileage its not been done in a while. Should i get the full service and let them get the parts as well? would they know what to use? as in oil make and grade. Front bumper has stone chips on it now lol last year I did around a few hundred miles year before 1000 so haven't done much milage probably did well under 10,000 miles in the last 7 years.

No connection to xo motorsports buddy, Jurgens is the best at what he does.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, thats about right mate. XO used to be at the team valley and owned by Gunther, who is actually Jurgen's brother.

My Supra has had work done by them before and always been very happy with quality and standards. Now that I know more, I'd take it to Jurgen these days.

Hi stevo, I was going to tax it this month but the weather started going bad again so looks like may so I might look into taking it there around then unless I find someone else but from what people are saying he seems to be the best one to go to.

Hi stevo, I was going to tax it this month but the weather started going bad again so looks like may so I might look into taking it there around then unless I find someone else but from what people are saying he seems to be the best one to go to.

Jurgen defo gets my vote mate...:thumbs:

Ill call him up start of next week and get a price. Has anyone been to revolution either? Which event is the best one to go to? There's a couple on our list, am hoping to attend one this year maybe two if possible. The last time I went was a good few years ago to santa pod, i remember seeing two powerful supra one orange and one silver and also the matt black dragon rx7 that broke down and the black toyota corolla.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting until the 1st of may am afraid would be a waste to tax it so late. Where do you normally meet? I know I mentioned about getting the car serviced but where is the best place to buy parts like, timing belt, oil, brake disc and so on?? from a trader on here or elsewhere or do you just let the garage buy the stuff? Thanks

Edited by N-Mir (see edit history)

Oh I got offered by my dads friend to meet on a saturday in McDonalds car park in team valley as well but I work friday, saturday and sunday so Ive never been they have a mixed car meet but he owns a red vxr, I know where you mean though. What time do you meet? start and finish roughly? I have never been to a meet and am not a loud character so would definitely be a bit nervous plus the fact most the people who meet up know one another quite well.

Hey mate - just back from our Wed night Team Valley meet, would have been good to see you there as the car in your avatar looks lovely! There were just 3 supras tonight and a few other lads turned up in their daily drivers for the chat. So not exactly a massive group to be nervous about :)

Although I'm obviously biased, we're all a canny bunch and there's not a chav amongst us lol. :) Keep an eye on this thread for updates on whether we're meeting next Wednesday:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?286481-North-East-Weekly-Wednesday-Meet-%286-00pm-8-00pm%29&p=3860338#post3860338

With regards to parts, for stuff like brake discs I'd suggest sticking with OEM discs from Toyota. Either get the garage to buy them or go to your local Toyota Parts dept and barter for a bit of Owners Club discount! Timing belt could be bought from them too or you could get an aftermarket one made by somebody like Gates, which you'll find either online or one of the traders on here. Oil can be had from anywhere really as long you're using the right stuff - have a look here for details of the correct fluids etc. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?56684-FAQ-Oil-Fluid-Interval-Capacity-Steering-Brake-Coolant-Diff-Engine

Whereabouts are you from in Tyne and Wear?

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

Not been on for a long time but got both my babies back on the road, well one and the other is on the way, add me to the mailing list and im hoping to attend the wed meet, were about do you guys meet on the estate

cheers

Ive added you to the list ;)

On a wednesday we meet at Team valley retail Park, in the old petrol station which is now a Romanian Carwash, normally between 6:00 and 9ish pm, be good to see some new faces coming along too have some banter

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

1. Safcdixon (Durham)

2. MattP (Crook)

3. Bossco (Washington)

4. simon197911 (Hexham)

5. Stevo (Swalwell)

6. SupraNa (Ash) (Washington)

7. JK90 (Whitley Bay)

8. Shaz2010 (Gosforth)

9. Matsi (Blaydon)

10. Tonz (Chester Le Street)