The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Range Rover restoration

Dnk

Got all the parts on inc the cheap cat pipe, not had chance to test the emissions yet

Found a local LR tech that can calibrate the new height sensors, he did 

that on Monday so thought I'd give it a good test drive today and its spot on, treated it 

to a bath at the local jet wash on my way home

IMG_9077.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, mattdavies said:

I really like this. 

Whats your reason for no badges ? 

Cheers.

I have them in my parts collection and would fit them after its painted, If that ever happens lol

I do quite like it de badged though. 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:48 PM, Annabella said:

Jeez that's horrid. 

But quintessentially American.

It's purposes is not to look aesthetically pleasing but to be big an intimidating which it does very well. There's a debate in the states now that these are getting too big and dangerous, so expect new legislation to come out limiting the size. It's not far off needing a HGV license to drive it here, imagine trying to park that in a supermarket car park, I bet it takes up 4 bays!

Edit:

Standard UK parking bay space is 2.4 metres by 4.8 metres

Cadillac Escalade w/o mirrors  is 2.06 metres by 5.38 metres

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

There's a debate in the states now that these are getting too big and dangerous, so expect new legislation to come out limiting the size. It's not far off needing a HGV license to drive it here

This should have happened years ago. Far too many people driving these ridiculously oversized vehicles and VW vans who haven’t got a clue about the size or the potential damaged that can be caused when you have a knob-head behind the wheel.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have been driving the Supra or Celica round a blind bend to be confronted by something like this on my side of the road.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Loving the updates, I have been hunting for a P38 or Classic RR but the right one hasn't come up yet. Prices are on the up but there's so many dogs about.. I don't mind a bit of work but not a money burner!  

Keep it debadged, looks stealthy 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AC93 said:

Loving the updates, I have been hunting for a P38 or Classic RR but the right one hasn't come up yet. Prices are on the up but there's so many dogs about.. I don't mind a bit of work but not a money burner!  

Keep it debadged, looks stealthy 😎

Cheers, yes just like the supra there are lots that look great but hiding beneath the surface is a world

of pain and expense

• 4 weeks later...

Decided its time to sell up and move on 

Have a buyer coming up from Sussex on Thursday, sent him lots of info and photos

of what's been done and exactly where it sits now. 

Sounds like a very genuine guy so we'll see 

1 minute ago, Annabella said:

Oooh good luck Dnk. What will you do with the cash? Buy a supra....?

Cheers, as much as I love the mkiv my Supra days are done as far as owning one is concerned.

I shall smoke around in my E46 short term and have a think. I might just put the cash in the pot 

towards the villa fund  

7 hours ago, Dnk said:

Decided its time to sell up and move on 

Have a buyer coming up from Sussex on Thursday, sent him lots of info and photos

of what's been done and exactly where it sits now. 

Sounds like a very genuine guy so we'll see 

Will you turn a profit on it? I know there's been huge investment getting it to where it is now. 

7 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Will you turn a profit on it? I know there's been huge investment getting it to where it is now. 

If I'm being honest and added all my costs into it I doubt it, quite a lot of things I paid cash for

and collected with no receipts, I have a rough idea what I spent outside of the invoiced stuff

I'll be a couple of grand down or there abouts. 

I'm happy though, if this guy turns up and buys it I'll be glad of the quick easy sale.

I priced it to sell rather than sit there like I see a few are at the moment. 

I think down the road other than the rare early stuff prices may well fall.

Also to get mine to where I'd want it I have to spend getting on for £10k to

paint the outside and re trim the inside which I'm not doing 

1 hour ago, Dnk said:

I'm happy though, if this guy turns up and buys it I'll be glad of the quick easy sale.

I priced it to sell rather than sit there like I see a few are at the moment. 

I think down the road other than the rare early stuff prices may well fall.

Also to get mine to where I'd want it I have to spend getting on for £10k to

paint the outside and re trim the inside which I'm not doing 

Sounds sensible, was a lovely example though!

• Like 1

That's a good result though must be a little sad to see something you've put a lot of work into disappear down the road. Seeing the buyer did travel a way did you get the asking price? I sold a piece of plant last week to a pair that drove 200 miles to 'look it over' and smiled when they started to negotiate the price knowing that anyone who travelled that far isn't going home empty handed. Although I smiled I did give them fuel money off seeing they were really nice people and I was asking quite a bit more than I paid for it.

Maybe a smaller project next time? There is some good money to be had and hours of fun in old camper restorations if you are any good with upholstery and carpentry. I can see it now.