The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James's DJG Turbo Project

TheTurtleshead

Happy with our result, Almost 700bhp at the flywheel if the dyno was set to a auto car apparently.

Just out of curiosity what fuel system do you use James?

I'm just thinking here how did James car make more power than yours on a smaller turbo and only a journal bearing? Both good results though.

I'm just thinking here how did James car make more power than yours on a smaller turbo and only a journal bearing? Both good results though.

It's always very hard with an auto and even harder when it's got a high stall

It's like trying to get a figure out of a car that's got a slipping clutch

Also the dynos don't have a conversion figure for auto transmission losses

It's always very hard with an auto and even harder when it's got a high stall

It's like trying to get a figure out of a car that's got a slipping clutch

Also the dynos don't have a conversion figure for auto transmission losses

The Bailey team will prove the power on the strip anyway. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a lot of random updates really, a few things that I've made progress with. I've been too busy with my new job to devote much time to the beast other than drive it. It's SO awesome. :D It is a bit of a worry how quickly you can hit some silly speeds though. Need the brakes on next!

Firstly some belated shots of the car on the Dyno.;

attachment.php?attachmentid=199726&stc=1&d=1428443029

attachment.php?attachmentid=199725&stc=1&d=1428443029

Here is a piccy of the new fuel setup which I don't think I have posted yet. I had to change to a Walbro as the Bosch just wouldn't push the fuel vertically up out of a -8 AN line. If I'd left the stock non-return valve and feed line in it would have worked fine... Oh well c'est la vie!

Note the provision for a second pump in the future should I decide I'm a total idiot and want more power;

attachment.php?attachmentid=199727&stc=1&d=1428443029

Here are a couple of shots showing the Racetech boost gauge I installed(Proper motorsport quality manual gauge). I didn't want to lose a dash vent or cut any holes in the dash, so I put it in a nice little subtle pod mounted to the bottom of the A-Pillar. Illumination is courtesy of a big blue 10mm LED to match the heckler heater controls;

(Yes I am munching a maccys in the pic below. :D)

attachment.php?attachmentid=199723&stc=1&d=1428443029

attachment.php?attachmentid=199724&stc=1&d=1428443029

Next a long term project finally got completed... My engine bay boxes! Just need to decide what colour/finish to do them in now. Either wrinkle black, Painted Deep Jewel Green, Polished or Gloss black me thinks!

Mock-up-

attachment.php?attachmentid=199728&stc=1&d=1428443439

attachment.php?attachmentid=199729&stc=1&d=1428443439

Got a clear cam cover thing from eBay, so chopped my spark plug cover down to fit. Decided to wrinkle black it as I found a can knocking around. Came out half decent!

attachment.php?attachmentid=199731&stc=1&d=1428443439

attachment.php?attachmentid=199730&stc=1&d=1428443439

Spotted the car in last months Japanese performance again. Being used to advertise a feature... Nice pic this. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=199732&stc=1&d=1428443439

Finally, the wheels had not seem a polish since the classic motor show in November 2014. An hours cleaning with help from the GF had them looking ace again. The poorboys did it's job over winter!

attachment.php?attachmentid=199733&stc=1&d=1428443774

Maccys! Gauge pod.jpg

Guage Night.JPG

Dyno Front.jpg

Dyno Side.jpg

Walbro.jpg

Bay Boxes construction.jpg

Bay Boxes.jpg

Bay wrinkle spark.jpg

Cam cover wrinkle.jpg

JP Again.JPG

Wheels Cleaned.jpg

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't updated in a while...! Thought I'd throw a quick one up.

New bobbin for the exhaust, old one was buggered..!

attachment.php?attachmentid=202707&stc=1&d=1435783584

Also treated it to a new clutch after the old one seemingly just got old and stopped working :D HKS LA Twin recommended by Lee & Jamie as probably the nicest clutch on tha market today for a single. Cheers Lee for speedy delivery!

attachment.php?attachmentid=202708&stc=1&d=1435783584

In other news my getrag was leaking between the flanges so I've pulled it apart to re-seal. Found the input shaft bearing was a tad worn so I'm replacing that, the rest of the transmission seems in good order..! :)

image.jpg

image.jpg