The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James's DJG Turbo Project

TheTurtleshead

James, you got there in the end then and sounds as though you are pleased with the purchase. Looks good and look forward to seeing it in the flesh, the car that is, not David.

We should also give that idea of yours with a purchase from the ME a go soon. At present we have lots of regular visits to and fro.

Wheels Hotlist;

-Classics/LM20's

-Work Meister SP1

-Volk SF Challenge

Just need to decide now! :D

No Kansai front lip James... Not a fan I'm afraid! MVP FTW!

Thanks for the comments guys, I absolutely love the car! It has killed my GT-R fever stone dead as well.... Had a shortride in one the other day and it did nothing for me sadly. Still, it will save me an expensive purchase! :)

Wheels Hotlist;

-Classics/LM20's

-Work Meister SP1

-Volk SF Challenge

Thanks for the comments guys, I absolutely love the car! It has killed my GT-R fever stone dead as well.... Had a shortride in one the other day and it did nothing for me sadly. Still, it will save me an expensive purchase! :)

Good boy, bieber told me you where getting this a few weeks back, some of the pictures look awesome but bet it would look 10 times better in the flesh, so I look forward to seeing it at some point in the not to distant future :D

I'll just leave this here…. :D Volk SF Challenge. Discontinued though, so a set from Japan is the only way.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9484/mikesdjgtdp2.jpg

Today I went too see my friend Ken who has a lathe. We adapted my 3" to 4" v-Band adapter to HKS 113MM v-Band size.You need to make these a bit straighter Mr Whiffin! It was wonky as fook, took forever to 'true-up' in the lathe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=174777&stc=1&d=1378743499

Next I did this, after obtaining a HKS v-band clamp from Mr Perrymizzle:

Stock Exhaust Removed:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174779&stc=1&d=1378743499

Brackets Fitted:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174778&stc=1&d=1378743499

attachment.php?attachmentid=174781&stc=1&d=1378743499

Exhaust Assembled:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174780&stc=1&d=1378743499

Fitted with Titan Motorsport Mid-Pipe 3", which is a lovely fit I must say! It all sits mega high up, so lots of ground clearance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=174783&stc=1&d=1378743530

attachment.php?attachmentid=174782&stc=1&d=1378743530

attachment.php?attachmentid=174784&stc=1&d=1378743662

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

Wheels Hotlist;

-Classics/LM20's

-Work Meister SP1

-Volk SF Challenge

you need a set off these James

20130825_121611supra wheels.jpg

20130825_121534supra wheels rear.jpg

you need a set off these James

I did love those wheels! I just can't bring myself to cut into the wings on this one…. The one rule with mods and this car is that I can't do anything I can't put back to stock. I could even still remove the manual tunnel section if needed.

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

question for you James. Can fitting adjustable coilovers to the rear raise the car enough to prevent cutting into the arch or is just a siily question

You need wide fenders mate… It will never look right otherwise! Look into the Fibreglass Nur rear ones… they look good, nice and subtle. They will also just bolt on on the front. Also half the price of the carbon ones. :)