The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 - After event chit chat

Branners

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another great dragonball,well done to all the organisers,you done it again :).A slightly different trip this time more shouting and screaming lol,but Annette enjoyed it overall shame a few people had problems and hope they are not put off and come next time,great to see you all you lovely people :D

I'm just going through them now and re-sizing them, Ellis, how do I make the pictures full size instead of thumbnail?
Upload them to the forum (that way they are here for ever) and save the post, click on each thumbnail to see the full-size image, then edit your post with image tags around the URL of the full-size pic.

Epically awesome weekend. Massive thanks to Branners and Ellis, plus all the behind the scene guys and girls. My Dad and I had an amazing weekend with some amazing cars and people. Roll on DB14....... I will upload some pics later.

Epically awesome weekend. Massive thanks to Branners and Ellis, plus all the behind the scene guys and girls. My Dad and I had an amazing weekend with some amazing cars and people. Roll on DB14....... I will upload some pics later.

Hope you enjoyed the name that tune on the run back to Calias as well lol

They've only gone and done it again, we all thought after last year that it would take some beating but here we are thinking "well it's been done", it seams to me they even managed to change the weather, 5 or 6 days ago it was forecast to be pretty poor, but Friday & Saturday were really nice.

I hope that everyone who had problems with cars get them sorted out, Alex (drift bear) how long did your traveling too and from the tunnel take? it must have been longer than the time spent in France.

Like everyone who went, I would just like to add my thank to all those involved in the organizing and running of this event, THANKS, and there were a couple who went above and beyond, you know who you are.

Hey bob, I finally got home at 12pm today and the car went straight into the garage for a check over and mot first thing tomorrow. Had to get 2 recovery trucks back to westy's were I managed to get a spare wheel and head home.

Just like to say a massive thankyou to Steve M as even though I gave my ticket to him for free has given me a generous donation so I didn't totally lose out. Top man :thumbs:

No problem Mike. Although I was happy to be going, I was gutted for you not only not being able to go but potentially losing a lot of money as well due to no fault of your own.

Thanks again to Branners, Ellis, Scott etc etc for putting this together and all all the little bits and pieces that went into making this an epic event.

It was great to meet some new members and put some Usernames to faces, but to also catch up with existing members and friends. he routes were great, the scenrary was fantastic but the hooning with great company was the most memorable. Can't wait to see these vids that emerge!!

Guest Budz86
Well, what an awesome weekend! Some great cars, great people and great driving :D A massive thanks to all that have been involved in organising it, especially JB for getting the routes spot on with a fantastic mix of roads and stops, and Ellis for the time and effort he put into the packs (impressive work!), meaning I could turn up and enjoy without worry. This weekend was easily the most fun I've had in a car, ever! Had some good blasts and really got a chance to enjoy the car on some decent roads :innocent:

Shame the UK part of my return journey ended on the back of a flatbed with a guy named Pedro due to a major oil leak less than a mile from the terminal, but these things happen. Thanks go out to Lee P, Slam and Bradley for giving me oil so I could make it onto the train, and Steve (hope you made it home ok) and Abz for helping me push the car through most of check in and passport control! Also special thanks to the legend that is Abz for getting a tow truck sorted for me so I could get the car recovered to SRD (sorry Lee, I know you had a busy enough week planned without me crashing the party, I'll get you a BK to make up for it!), and SteveM for giving me a pack of cigs when it happened as I had run out! Hope everyone else who had problems today managed to get their cars home ok.

All in all, a brilliant weekend that has left me wishing the next year away so we can get out on DB14! :D

Just thought I'd give you all an update on this. Picked the car up in fully working order from SRD this evening - got a call to say it was sorted mid-afternoon! Ended up being the spring that holds the front main seal becoming loose and causing the seal to leak under pressure. Top work by Lee and Ash as they have changed the seal, fitted a new cam belt, cleaned the bay, fitted an uprated alternator, sorted out a minor fuse issue, recalibrated my electric fans, fitted an SRD undertray, checked the Syvecs logs and drilled re-fitted the water pump pulley I ruined last weekend! Can't thank them enough - top work guys!

Upload them to the forum (that way they are here for ever) and save the post, click on each thumbnail to see the full-size image, then edit your post with image tags around the URL of the full-size pic.

Hi Gareth, what are image tags? sorry I'm a bit behind the times when it comes to this sort of "stuffff"

Anyone trouble adjusting their speed to ''legal limits'' after dragonball?

On the way home I did once I got off the train, but soon as I got into the daily driver I soon settled down :(

Wish it was this time last week :D ready to do it all again!