The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 - After event chit chat

Branners

Well a great weekend, great to catch up with people and meet new faces!

The driving was epic, plenty of videos, fun with petrol and tyres just burning away :D And Lui and Jamie I'm still deaf with the fly-bys ;)

Hat off to Branners and Ellis and everyone who had a part in sorting this epic event! :)

Only downside... 12 months to wait until the next one :(

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got home, the trip was amazing as always(even though I couldn't take the Supra), however, I must say that I was seriously impressed with the Porsche, it was its first run out in 17 years so I started very hesitantly, but it just performed fantastically, not one Supra could lose me on the twisties(even though Fitz and Turtleshead were desperately trying to:D ), safe to say I have fallen completely in love with it(nearly as much as the Buffalo Grill waitress :D).

But thanks to everyone involved, I just can't wait until next year now.

What you on about mate, I was right behind you in the E Class, ain't shaking me off. Infact I remember overtaking you on a very tight bend because you were so slow! :D

Well, what an awesome weekend! Some great cars, great people and great driving :D A massive thanks to all that have been involved in organising it, especially JB for getting the routes spot on with a fantastic mix of roads and stops, and Ellis for the time and effort he put into the packs (impressive work!), meaning I could turn up and enjoy without worry. This weekend was easily the most fun I've had in a car, ever! Had some good blasts and really got a chance to enjoy the car on some decent roads :innocent:

Shame the UK part of my return journey ended on the back of a flatbed with a guy named Pedro due to a major oil leak less than a mile from the terminal, but these things happen. Thanks go out to Lee P, Slam and Bradley for giving me oil so I could make it onto the train, and Steve (hope you made it home ok) and Abz for helping me push the car through most of check in and passport control! Also special thanks to the legend that is Abz for getting a tow truck sorted for me so I could get the car recovered to SRD (sorry Lee, I know you had a busy enough week planned without me crashing the party, I'll get you a BK to make up for it!), and SteveM for giving me a pack of cigs when it happened as I had run out! Hope everyone else who had problems today managed to get their cars home ok.

All in all, a brilliant weekend that has left me wishing the next year away so we can get out on DB14! :D

No worries Dean, glad you got home okay mate, couldn't leave you stranded there :)

At work and wishing I was still on the dragonball :(

This is the Dragonball blues Jamie... we always leave people to finish the weekend with a urge for more.

Wish we could be back there too :(

:D:D Well Well Well what an Epic weekend great roads and routes great places to see and walk around, great scenery ( not that some was taking it in lol ) the Hotel was nice all be it the staff where a little sparce and grumpy but it didn't stop us have a hoot Saturday night indoors out of the rain :innocent:

My thanks go to the Organising team they know who they are, BIG BIG thankyou to JB for putting it all together the routes were fantastic well thought out, with lots of smallish roads off the beaten track, and Car parks that got us all in ( just about lol ) I,ll volunteer to help out next year JB

Also a BIG BIG thanks for Ellis you are a legend mate the Packs are awesome and your fancy dress was brilliant just wondering how did you walk soooo well in them heals ??? :taped: lol :D

It was good to put some faces to forum names too all part of the dragonball experience, ABZ taxi,s had me laughing most of Friday night where on earth did you get that blue flashing light from ? I nearly wet myself when you went out the car park chasing pig shouting come back come back :D, then there was Burna with his usual humour and antics keeping us amused :clap::clap::clap: in REAL life :D ....also Scott with his camera,s and the other camera/Gopro guys too................and then there was some seriously nice cars too

Epic Epic time well done all and I seriously cannot wait till next year until then......... roll on Dragoncol :D

Cheers

-Ian-

Edited by Ian Ian (see edit history)

ABZ taxi,s had me laughing most of Friday night where on earth did you get that blue flashing light from ? I nearly wet myself when you went out the car park chasing pig shouting come back come back :D

Haha!! That was SpeedyAndy's!! Looked perfect on the car and me chasing Pig out was pretty hilarious, should have got that on camera :rlol:

No paying 90 euros and going free on that one though, straight to jail instead :D

True!! :D

No paying 90 euros and going free on that one though, straight to jail instead :D

Thanks Jamie for reminding me about my extra 90 euro expense. At least I am first one on Dragonball to get a fine but not the last? lol.

What a great trip and thanks to all involved in setting it up and it certainly delivered on all expectations. Mind you it confirmed I need a full geo set up before the next one.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great event.

Thanks Jamie for reminding me about my extra 90 euro expense. At least I am first one on Dragonball to get a fine but not the last? lol.

What a great trip and thanks to all involved in setting it up and it certainly delivered on all expectations. Mind you it confirmed I need a full geo set up before the next one.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great event.

Was good to meet you John and the infamous Chris Bailey

Get some reversing sensors put in the Stock bumper while having it fitted bud;):D

Was good to meet you John and the infamous Chris Bailey

Get some reversing sensors put in the Stock bumper while having it fitted bud;):D

Good to meet you and the goodlady as well Rog and thanks for the second bad reminder today - How I missed seeing that big red van I dont know :blink: - the sensors would have been drowned out by the police sirens lol:D

What an amazing weekend, it was like a dream come true!

It was awesome tearing through France in a convoy of Supra's.

Would like to thank Branners and all the others that put a lot of time and effort into planning the trip, it was a great success

Thanks also to Littler & Rob for taking me on as a passenger it was such a good experience

Would also like to thank all the people that used the various GoPro's throughout the weekend, it will make a great video.

181 Gigs of footage, gonna take a while to work through all of that :D

They've only gone and done it again, we all thought after last year that it would take some beating but here we are thinking "well it's been done", it seams to me they even managed to change the weather, 5 or 6 days ago it was forecast to be pretty poor, but Friday & Saturday were really nice.

I hope that everyone who had problems with cars get them sorted out, Alex (drift bear) how long did your traveling too and from the tunnel take? it must have been longer than the time spent in France.

Like everyone who went, I would just like to add my thank to all those involved in the organizing and running of this event, THANKS, and there were a couple who went above and beyond, you know who you are.

They've only gone and done it again, we all thought after last year that it would take some beating but here we are thinking "well it's been done", it seams to me they even managed to change the weather, 5 or 6 days ago it was forecast to be pretty poor, but Friday & Saturday were really nice.

I hope that everyone who had problems with cars get them sorted out, Alex (drift bear) how long did your traveling too and from the tunnel take? it must have been longer than the time spent in France.

Like everyone who went, I would just like to add my thank to all those involved in the organizing and running of this event, THANKS, and there were a couple who went above and beyond, you know who you are.

Thanks for the loan of the shirt too Bob. Rescued my evening that did.

Drinks in the car park yielded some interesting conversation... Especially trying to figure out where the original stone is that you all base your weight measurement on. There was something about the standard weight of a hermaphrodite and the Llama we had at lunch with Pete, Ben, Burna and Pig on Friday at lunch was excellent!

Roman stone weight of 40 librae (~13 kg), c 200 AD, on display in Eschborn Museum, Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_(unit)

I can feel a pilgramige coming on.