The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 - After event chit chat

Branners

This is the 3rd Dragonball my girlfriend and I have been on and we both think they just get better and better each year!!

A BIG thanks to everyone involved in the planning of the trip and putting together the driver packs. Everything always seems so well planned and put together with hardly any problems.

It was great to put a few more forum names to faces, as it's not just the driving but the people which make the trip so great.

Everyone who did fancy dress well done and good effort!! I never knew I enjoyed dressing up so much.... I'm sure Ellis will agree he enjoyed dressing up too ;)

I'm missing all of the banter and convoys already!! :( :D

Roll on 2014 for another epic Dragonball adventure :cool:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great weekend best supra meet of the year just love it as always can't wait fr next year & well done for everyone making it a superb weekender just love these events that's what keeps me with my supra & as always a great crowd to be with as well & hope all had a great time & got home safely here's lui

Looking forward to all the pics & vids now !!!

Fantastic run again John

Elis well ill still be having nightmares lol

Think every single person got something out of it

Jamie and the others had there big blasts and some others in between and I looked after the lost ones and just cruised along taking in the sights

The village with the wedding in was great think the bride was left at the door of the church lol

Blimey, hope you guys got back okay, we seemed to have a few injuries this year! At least I had a taxi in preparation :D

Blinding trip as usual, even if I didn't make it in my own car! Though it was interesting throwing around a 2 tonne E Class and to try and keep up with you lot! Though to be fair it served me well. I am sure also some 'interesting' video's of it will appear soon! What a weekend and what a great bunch of people to enjoy it with, you all MAKE the Dragonball though we do have a thank you list of the people who have made it happen.

Firstly the two biggest "Thank You's" go out to the following:

Branners - Spent months on fine tuning a route which involved fantastic driving roads with amazing scenery, coupled with perfect distance and time breaks to ensure we didn't feel like we were constantly driving in what was a short driving holiday. His ruthless efficiency was great and we all loved it when he would just get into his car and drive off whilst we scrambled to ours to then follow him.

Ellis - This guy is a leg-end! As we found out he IS Super WOman, which explains his mental 200 mile round trip to deliver a tyre to help out fellow stranded dragonballer (Scottish spooning couples Alex & Mark). This is not the only selfless act from Ellis, he also made thee best car event production material I have ever seen. The cost came straight out of his pocket and he spent countless months (because his super women, us mere mortals it would take years to do the same) compiling data to put together a master piece.

The DB Team

These guys are behind the scene...

ScottC

Wile e coyote (Darren)

Havard/Karl

An like I said it is the members who make Dragonball what it is so well done... well for being you. :)

Big thanks to the organisation, we all arrived back at the Netherlands in one piece. We even had a couple of busses full of crazy Belgians cheering for us in the traffic jam at Antwerp. Speedyandy, wewsupra and silverhaze should be somewhere in Amsterdam right now looking for the red light district and the coffeeshops :D.

Really, I just loved every single one of the Supras at the event and enjoyed driving around as part of the convoy with them even more. Just sheer awesomeness. Can't wait for the videos and photos.

Blimey, hope you guys got back okay, we seemed to have a few injuries this year! At least I had a taxi in preparation :D

Blinding trip as usual, even if I didn't make it in my own car! Though it was interesting throwing around a 2 tonne E Class and to try and keep up with you lot! Though to be fair it served me well. I am sure also some 'interesting' video's of it will appear soon! What a weekend and what a great bunch of people to enjoy it with, you all MAKE the Dragonball though we do have a thank you list of the people who have made it happen.

Firstly the two biggest "Thank You's" go out to the following:

Branners - Spent months on fine tuning a route which involved fantastic driving roads with amazing scenery, coupled with perfect distance and time breaks to ensure we didn't feel like we were constantly driving in what was a short driving holiday. His ruthless efficiency was great and we all loved it when he would just get into his car and drive off whilst we scrambled to ours to then follow him.

Ellis - This guy is a leg-end! As we found out he IS Super WOman, which explains his mental 200 mile round trip to deliver a tyre to help out fellow stranded dragonballer (Scottish spooning couples Alex & Mark). This is not the only selfless act from Ellis, he also made thee best car event production material I have ever seen. The cost came straight out of his pocket and he spent countless months (because his super women, us mere mortals it would take years to do the same) compiling data to put together a master piece.

The DB Team

These guys are behind the scene...

ScottC

Wile e coyote (Darren)

Havard/Karl

An like I said it is the members who make Dragonball what it is so well done... well for being you. :)

Think you just summed it up abz

Well said

This, this and this! :yes:

One year I'm hoping this trip will coincide with some leave / time I'm able to book some leave...

This.

Could have scraped the finances this year, but work commitments just didnt allow it :cry:

Glad everyone had a great time, and hopefully next year we'll be there :)

Think they are Falken 452s he is running Jamie...to be fair to the tyres I think we hit something in the road this time!

We passed a car on the hard shoulder and I thought it was a Supra but couldn't possibly be one of our lot.

How come you were on the M6?

Me and my misses had an awesome weekend and would like to thank JB, Ellis and the whole team.

Seriously professional set up. The routes and scenery were stunning and the hotel was great - apart from ol' Mon Cherie on reception who forgot the bring her smile to work.

Stunning weekend with some very good friends and enjoyed mixing it up with some very special cars. The noise if all the cars leaving the castle onway to Calais this afternoon is still ringing in my head.

Roll on DB14 - me and the wife are sold :cool:

Well I finally got home, the trip was amazing as always(even though I couldn't take the Supra), however, I must say that I was seriously impressed with the Porsche, it was its first run out in 17 years so I started very hesitantly, but it just performed fantastically, not one Supra could lose me on the twisties(even though Fitz and Turtleshead were desperately trying to:D ), safe to say I have fallen completely in love with it(nearly as much as the Buffalo Grill waitress :D).

But thanks to everyone involved, I just can't wait until next year now.

Guest Budz86

Well, what an awesome weekend! Some great cars, great people and great driving :D A massive thanks to all that have been involved in organising it, especially JB for getting the routes spot on with a fantastic mix of roads and stops, and Ellis for the time and effort he put into the packs (impressive work!), meaning I could turn up and enjoy without worry. This weekend was easily the most fun I've had in a car, ever! Had some good blasts and really got a chance to enjoy the car on some decent roads :innocent:

Shame the UK part of my return journey ended on the back of a flatbed with a guy named Pedro due to a major oil leak less than a mile from the terminal, but these things happen. Thanks go out to Lee P, Slam and Bradley for giving me oil so I could make it onto the train, and Steve (hope you made it home ok) and Abz for helping me push the car through most of check in and passport control! Also special thanks to the legend that is Abz for getting a tow truck sorted for me so I could get the car recovered to SRD (sorry Lee, I know you had a busy enough week planned without me crashing the party, I'll get you a BK to make up for it!), and SteveM for giving me a pack of cigs when it happened as I had run out! Hope everyone else who had problems today managed to get their cars home ok.

All in all, a brilliant weekend that has left me wishing the next year away so we can get out on DB14! :D

Edited by Budz86 (see edit history)

Had an absolute amazing weekend (bar my 2 tyre related incidents) and I will definitely be back next year..... With better tyres :p met some new faces and the usually suspects (and.Burna :p )

This is the part that I want to say nearly home, but as you seem the other thread, currently sitting in the back of a flatbed tow truck :( least I get a break from driving :D

Flatbed number 1

Flatbed number 2

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Thanks go out to Lee P, Slam and Bradley for giving me oil so I could make it onto the train, and Steve Paine (hope you made it home ok) and Abz for helping me push the car through most of check in and passport control! Also special thanks to the legend that is Abz for getting a tow truck sorted for me.

Glad to have helped, I bet someone was upset at the massive oil trail left on the train lol.

Credit must go to all the guys who helped organise this, it was absolutely epic! A seriously good job team, especially Branners and Ellis.

We split a heater matrix hose just as we got to the Channel Tunnel, and a massive thank you from Fitz and I must go to:

-Mr & Mrs Havard for giving us those bottles of water.

-Camry5sgte aka Brad, for stopping and helping us out with those pliers and more water! We would have genuinely been screwed without your help bud… A true gent!

- The rest of you, thanks for sodding off and leaving us! :D

Cannot wait for next year! :thumbs:

Yeah, I couldn't leave you stranded... Glad i could help :)

With that being said, I think you both owe me a bag of Haribo :p

The wifey and I had a great time. It was great to finally meet the people who make this forum the legend that it is, especially Branners and Ellis who made us feel at home. Thank you all for being so welcoming to the yank that drives on the wrong side of the car. Drinks in the car park yielded some interesting conversation... Especially trying to figure out where the original stone is that you all base your weight measurement on. There was something about the standard weight of a hermaphrodite and the Llama we had at lunch with Pete, Ben, Burna and Pig on Friday at lunch was excellent!

My wife thanks you but for the blurry pics she was able to take of the landscape and architecture as she fought through the whiplash to try to snap off the pics lol.

Edited by Camry5Sgte (see edit history)

Had an absolute amazing weekend (bar my 2 tyre related incidents) and I will definitely be back next year..... With better tyres :p met some new faces and the usually suspects (and.Burna :p )

This is the part that I want to say nearly home, but as you seem the other thread, currently sitting in the back of a flatbed tow truck :( least I get a break from driving :D

Flatbed number 1

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/7uzyvyja.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/eterajap.jpg

Flatbed number 2

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/6a7uvu2a.jpg

Think of the fuel you have saved also mate