The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Northants meet A6 Finedon 12th May PM *DATE FIXED*

Shane

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the meet, great to meet up with like minded people, & a great venue, look forward to meeting up again.

Cheers Nellie.

Ditto! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting names to faces :thumbs:! Really looking forward to next time :)

Really wish had come along as sounded like great day but still got to get uppers rear arms fitted was let down on saturday by garage so well gutted missed it, hopefully supra will be all good next time

Same, but supra is still not done, ill be chasing this up tomorrow! And the celica I'm not sure about on long journeys atm :( will have to catch the next one :)

It was a Supra Fest :) and :think: only one hairdresser in sight. ;)

With better weather for underbonnet gawping and Supranerd outside activities away from the racket inside, it's about as good a venue for a meet as they come.

I cheated and first went to The Piper for a Sunday Roast dinner then arrived at the meet for after dinner coffee, well done Shane, it even halved a journey to return the tools you had lent me. Thank you.

It was pleasing to see a notable flock of Supra's and meet up with more members than I knew :think: I knew and get to know a few members more. :)

There was plenty to be seen and saw;

2 x V8 4AT, 1 x N/A-T 6MT, 1 x T.T. hybrids 4AT, 1 x T.T. B.P.U. 4AT, 1 x track prepped N/A 5MT and my Supercharged 4MA.

That was only about half of them and didn't take any pics for the rain, what was the Supra count?

On my way home the raining stopped and I politely didn't Stuka past the ambulance that I'd caught up with. :innocent:

Which turned my little trip into a longer one, whilst the Emergency Services extracted two women from their BMW 114? who had come off the test-track on the inside of the first right sweep of the uphill "Warp 3 @ 5lbs boost serpentine section". :whistle:

Fortunately, their injuries were described as bruised and shaken, yet were given the Full Monty whiplash manoeuvres.

I was informed that it was a precautionary measure and the combined Services were impeccable with their duties. :salute:

:think: But with shoes on other feet would you let them use their "Jaws of Life" on your merely-wounded "Pride and Joy"?

The road surface is recent laid tarmac and as good as it gets yet I could skate along on it in my trainers, but I soon thought better of that game. :think: oddly, the Police Officers hard rubber soled boots had better traction. :shrug:

meet 004.JPG

meet 005.JPG

meet 015.JPG

meet 016.JPG

meet 021.JPG

meet 019.JPG

meet 020.JPG

meet 018.jpg

Hey, glad everone enjoyed it and thanks for the great turn out especially as it was such a wet afternoon. It was so good to see so many supras turn up and as David says we had a varied bunch. Enjoyed meeting some more members and it was good we had a few other marques show up as well.

Zara did survive her swim in 'Lake Ken' and 2 changes of clothes and slept well last night:)

We will have to do it again sometime, maybe towards the end of the season?

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

Don't leave it that long, lets have a couple at least during the hopefully warmer dryer months ! :)

OK am happy to do that. How about a June afternoon / evening?

Let me have some ideas of when people would like to do this again and I will sort something out.

Any is good for me and if it's raining I won't be fretting that I could be tinkering, yet if it manages to stop for a day or three before the next meet, the Old Girl could be up to almost final spec.

I've ordered some wiper spoilers, just in case. ;)

Thanks Shane, it was a great meet despite the awful weather! I dont think that I have ever been to a meet where we had such a variety of Supra's, even at some big meets at Santa Pod. I am definately up for a few more meets as it would be great too meet everyone again in more brighter a climes! I would prefer a weekend meet due to the distance but may be able to make an after work meet during the extended daylight times minus the rain. Lol