The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Northants meet A6 Finedon 12th May PM *DATE FIXED*

Shane

Since this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?287993-Car-show-on-my-doorstep

I have been in touch with the owners of this place: http://www.kensdiner.co.uk/ and they are more than happy it seems for us to organise something. Before I go and discuss with them, I was wondering what people's preference is in regards to a time/day. Do most people prefer a weekend daytime meet, or should we be looking at say a Friday evening meet? Interested to know peoples view on this before I get too far into this. Thanks.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will go and meet with the owners and see what's available and we can go from there. So far the majority of replies I have had back suggest a weekend daytime meet, but have no idea how booked up the place is until I speak with them. Watch this space.

I would be interested, would be a 46mile drive for me so weekend would be preferable! Def up for it if the Milkshakes are as good as the OK Diners! ;)
Hi Alex, actually while we were there on Sunday there was a bloke tucking into a big glass of something milk shake/ice cream looking. Looked nice.

130 miles from me :p
Hopefully will be worth it! Will most likely be having a proper chat with the guy who owns it tomorrow evening so possibly if all goes well I may have a date or two.

We have organised a date, 12th May. I know its the weekend of Castle Coombe, but hopefully not everyone from this end will be making the journey to that and will be able to make this:) I hope to post more details in a while once I get the OK from the mods.

Maybe go there and stay the night and do this the day after? Not sure what I'm doing yet might not even have my car finished completely :(

Ok well no problem and hope that you do get it finished for one or both of the events. Finedon is a lot closer than Castle Coombe if you are not sure about your car;) Will be good to meet you if you do make it and if we get enough interest it has the makings of a good meet.

Further to my previous threads, we have tonight met with the guy who owns Ken's Diner on the A6 in Finedon, Northants http://www.kensdiner.co.uk/ and we have arranged a meet on Sunday 12th of May, starting at 4.30pm through to the evening. But the Diner is open all day so there is no problem if people wanted to get there before this time.

There is ample parking at the front and the side of the Diner and it seems a really nice atmosphere with a nice assortment of car stuff in the cafe and on display. The menu looks good and the food certainly smelt and looked good this evening when we were there.

They seem really easy going and said the only rules are no loud music from the cars, no burn outs, doughnuts etc. All the stuff you would expect really.

My son is inviting the guys from the Civic forum he belongs to and I have invited several other people I know in various other Jap clubs, so hopefully we will have a good mix of JDM cars turn up, but it would really be good if we could have a good Supra turn out. I realise that its the same weekend as Castle Coombe, but hopefully some of you who aren't going to that will be able to attend, all welcome.

I will start the list and include names of others who have got back to me to confirm, and if you think you will be able to make it please add to the list to give me some ideas of numbers, thanks.

1-Shane + 2

2-Lyndon

3-Purplewitch

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

Well fingers crossed i will be coming to this really be good to meet everyone supra is going in to have rear nearside hub bearing changed next Friday on 19th as long as this sorts the rubbing noise when corner. I will be there

Good stuff, think it's bit of a mission to replace the bearings, be interested to hear how you get on.

Shane put me down for this, although it is possible I may not make it as iv got the Dragon ball the weekend after so may need to do some supe prep! ;)
Hi Alex, well if you can mate that would be great, but completely understand with DB. Pass the details on to your Dad would you? I know its a bit of a trek for him but he may be interested.

I'm in London watching Eddie Izzard and some sight seeing. I doubt ill be home in time. If i am though ill come along.

That's a shame Dude, sadly we are never going to get a date to suit everyone though. Be great to see you if you are back in time though.

1-Shane + 2

2-Lyndon

3-Purplewitch

4-Suprakeith

5-Inazone (Maybe)

6-Guigsy (Maybe)

count me in.

Nellie.

Wow..2 V8 Supras at one meet, excellent. Oh and welcome by the way.

Add me plz
Of course, done.

1-Shane + 2 (Scooby & Civic Turbo)

2-Lyndon

3-Purplewitch

4-Suprakeith

5-Inazone (Maybe)

6-Guigsy (Maybe)

7-Delboy52

8-David P

9-Redneck

10-Nellie