The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North East - Weekly Wednesday Meet (6:00pm - 8:00pm)

qwarrior

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So who's up for a bit of a cruise down to the Hot Rod car meet next Wednesday night... I've got my car booked into EvoTune for Remaping on the same day, so I should have a big smile on my face... :-)

plan to meet at the usual spot and convoy down to the Toys r Us car park, anyone else keen??

I'll come along for sure as long as I'm not getting sent down to York, I think they need me down there for a day or two but not sure on timescale yet.

Steve - If I am going then I guess it'd make sense for Mark and myself to call at yours first......

I'll come along for sure as long as I'm not getting sent down to York, I think they need me down there for a day or two but not sure on timescale yet.

Steve - If I am going then I guess it'd make sense for Mark and myself to call at yours first......

Yeah, sounds like a plan mate - save you reserving a space for me again. It'll be the last time the 3 black Supra's will be together!

Crack for tomorrow night? Shall we meet near Steve's then? we should all then be able to get one area of the car park...Bossco you coming, ? if so do you want to meet at mine before joining the m1? And then head over to Steve's?

Marc you want to jump in mine if you want?

Hodgey, you working??

Crack for tomorrow night? Shall we meet near Steve's then? we should all then be able to get one area of the car park...Bossco you coming, ? if so do you want to meet at mine before joining the m1? And then head over to Steve's?

Hodgey, you working??

That would be ideal mate and save my embarresment from driving the Beast! lol, I could drop off your compressor at the same time Ross, BUT im working down at whitby tommorow so im not certain i will be back in time so il drop you a text in the afternoon to confirm :)

Hodgey, you working??

Yeah Im planning on it. What time we meeting?

I'm having a bit of an issue with aux belt tensioner so not sure I'll be in the supra.

Shall we say meet in the lidl car park at Swalwell at 6.45pm? I'll either be there in the Supra or on foot!

What you done to it??

What you done to it??

I've not 'done' anything to it. Using the car for work yesterday and it just didn't seem right - a bit lethargic but I was just putting it down to the heat of the day, plus a funny 'wet fart' type noise after start up.

When I got home I had a look under the bonnet with it running and it didn't seem very responsive to throttle and the pulleys appeared to be labouring a bit. Maybe its just me being paranoid though. When I pushed down on the aux belt the tension semed to be a bit slack but I forgot to check it agains the A and B marks on the cover - will do that tonight.

With it being so close to having the engine pulled anyway, I don't want to take excessive chances - just need it to get to yours on Saturday!

Whoohoo, can't wait to see it.

I'll not be in the Supra (It's at Pauls to have the rear end fixed) but will come along. I'll be in the passion wagon tonight.

:) I drove it for the first time since September last night, forgot how quick it is tbh but I've got a little shake on the steering at about 65mph and above so I've got to sort when I get in from work I think it's a untorqued spacer so should be a quick fix