The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

• 1 month later...

Not a lot of progress last few weeks unfortunately as my mom has been in and out of hospital.

Painted the engine block, cam covers and engine covers satin black and started polishing up my intake manifold...it's coming along okay....

Also changed front and rear crank seals and the cam cover gaskets.

Ill try and get some pics up over the next few days and hopefully get back with some major progress.

• 1 month later...

Found some more photos of the progress.

This was when we removed the oil pan for drilling and tapping the oil return.

And when we removed the cam covers for painting.

Everything appeared to be in good condition with no nasty swarf in the pan and so should be a healthy engine to build on:)

Progress is still slow at the moment due to the car waiting to go in for paint and my lower arm giving up among other things!

• 6 months later...

Small update:car came fresh out of paint in July, so a little later than expected, but wow! What a difference! Nice fresh 3L2! I also took this opportunity to change the boot rubbers, a few seals and some bolts and trim pieces.

Following this I also fitted some Tein S-Tech lowering springs to improve the stance of my car a little:) here's how she's currently sitting:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811264.840112.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811274.407344.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811283.770325.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811291.571177.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811314.049146.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811330.772258.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811357.257556.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811376.171338.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811386.185794.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811399.979955.jpg

Now, the NA-T build had kind of ground to a halt as other things had taken priority, however after much extensive research, and assisting Rich.2211 with bits and pieces of his build, I decided I no longer wanted to run the T70.

I was instead going to run a T61 kit, on lowered compression. I also decided, that I would take this opportunity to strip and rebuild the head to future proof the motor:)

Much of this inspiration came from the superb work of Rich on his build.

So, this evening, we have completely stripped the head and I will be replacing the stem valve seals with new OEM items, along with a complete gasket set and a 2JZ-GTE head gasket.

I look forward to making more progress now, the build looks to be back on track!:)

I have since, fitted clear front and side indicators to eradicate the orange blobs and update the front of the car.

It was also time to refurb my brake calipers as I had a sticky piston and replace the rear brake discs. I opted for some Mtec drilled and grooved items, which seem to be a decent upgrade!

This is how they turned out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811855.137610.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382811874.303381.jpg

My intended parts list is as follows:

XS Power T61 T4 Turbo

XS Power Top mount manifold

XS Power 3" Down Pipe

XS Power screamer pipe

Tial 44mm wastegate

7psi wastegate spring

A full face organic clutch suitable for 400ftlb.

3 Bar map sensor

Siemens DEKA 650cc injectors

4" K&N cone filter

Toyo sports 3" FMIC

Cheers Ric! Your bad influence has caused all this! But no one can deny you've built one hell of a car!

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

I've heard a rumour that you can get some good deals from Toyosports if you visit in person and pay cash, although they're very well priced anyway. I'll explain a bit later! and cheers :D

I've heard that rumour ;) haha

Its Come a long way so far since you've got it, look forward to seeing this turbo'd

• 4 weeks later...
I've heard a rumour that you can get some good deals from Toyosports if you visit in person and pay cash, although they're very well priced anyway. I'll explain a bit later! and cheers :D

Interesting rich.... Let me know, didn't realise you were part of the dodgy handshake club! I could do with some bits soon

Looks good josh jus had a read through your progress so far.. Big announcement Monday eh? Subscribed ;)

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T