The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

19 minutes ago, Style said:

Are you still AEM v2 Josh? Just that I don't think it supports DBW 😞

I am and that's part of the consideration - do I take the opportunity to swap it out for a Link G4+....but I've not had any issues with the AEM, in fact, I even find the software simple for someone like me to navigate when running logs/enabling functions.
My thoughts are that it's just unnecessary cost to be honest, but I was quite keen on the ability to tune throttle response and therefore make it feel like a more modern car.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the SSI unit and stick with my AEM. I'll see what price i can get on the intake for a group buy.

27 minutes ago, mattdavies said:

Glad your managing to source parts 

There was someone else on the forum that ran a Walton manifold and I am sure they had fitment issues, just an FYI 

Also, depending on the management I would speak to your tuner about DBW and the benefits, I know it takes up a few more inputs 

Cheers Matt. The spending (and driving!) of the car had stopped all together, but i seem to have found some mojo from somewhere.

I did see that AC93 had experienced fitment issues, but I know a few other people (in the SR20 + RB world) running Walton manifolds and the lifetime warranty is a huge draw.
I have looked at other options, such as; 

- Whifbitz tubular (off put by the additional cost of replacing my 45mm wastegate with 2x 40mm)
- 6 boost
- Something custom from APW engineering.

Do you have any experience with any other brands, Matt?

6 minutes ago, Josh42 said:

I am and that's part of the consideration - do I take the opportunity to swap it out for a Link G4+....but I've not had any issues with the AEM, in fact, I even find the software simple for someone like me to navigate when running logs/enabling functions.

Do you have any experience with any other brands, Matt?

If you were going to upgrade ECU then I would go for the latest Link which is now G4x 

I dont have any experiance with tubular exhaust manifolds just read a lot of build threads, I know SRD will build you a manifold with a NA flange, I dont know what sort of warrenty they will provide but Lee is a fairly stand up guy so just ask. 6 boost is another option that i think Big Numb runs on his trck car i believe, heard good things about them. 

Yep my Walton manifold was dog crap fitment, doing it again I'd go 6Boost or SRD.

Also got had SRD supply my Link ECU and other bits and Mike really knows his stuff when it comes to mapping, did a great job on my car 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Speak to Dave Batchelor about his Walton manifold.. funny actually because he used to sing their praises, i saw him recommending walton manifolds to a couple of people... right up until he tried to actually install his! Then the tables turned.

I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Walton manifold one evening and thought I'd just run it by Dave first - he told me to stay well clear due to terrible turbo placement. He said the quality was incredible, but the design was crap.

I bought an SRD manifold with a 60mm wastegate and its a work of art

• 4 weeks later...

I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a 6boost turbo manifold. Estimated 2-3 weeks, so I’ll see what it looks like when it arrives, but fingers crossed.

I'm also attempting to get hold of a SSI intake manifold, but stock appears none existent!

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this.

I’m still waiting for my new 6boost turbo manifold to be delivered from Aus. I must say, I’ve not been all that impressed with their UK distributor with whom I dealt, who told me 2-3 weeks, 7 weeks ago. When questioned, I was told “I don’t know, you’ll just have a manifold randomly turn up one day”…. Very helpful!

on the other hand, I setup a group buy for the Garage Whifbitz FFIM. Paul offered a great discount and shipped them straight from stock. I was very impressed with Paul’s service and also the product.

I’ve also purchased;

AEM FPR

Turbosmart fuel pressure gauge

AEM AIT sensor

Garage Whifbitz R35GTR coil packs with loom

Venom Automotive billet dizzy delete cover

GTE non VVTi cam covers

with a host of winter upgrades pending, I’ll be looking to get booked in with Romain from Racecal in the spring to see what she can do😎

83C0EF00-39E3-4D0F-80B1-4CE0436A80AB.jpeg

47BCD735-067E-4E5E-996D-B4707FF49AC6.jpeg

9FD3E8B9-CB8D-4858-AFE5-318CF2BF4797.jpeg

Funny story, I got a notification this morning to tell me that a parcel was due for delivery…. Turns out it was my elusive turbo manifold from 6Boost.

I must say, I’m very impressed. I know that they’re steam pipe, rather than T304, but with a lifetime warranty, who cares?!?

098C7259-D77D-4A0F-A2A6-2478B6B373B4.jpeg

8F51F7B9-2BEA-424C-B937-210B1F5C65E3.jpeg

3FE79F07-2538-4303-9E4D-2E989DC4F2EB.jpeg

11 hours ago, Josh42 said:

Funny story, I got a notification this morning to tell me that a parcel was due for delivery…. Turns out it was my elusive turbo manifold from 6Boost.

I must say, I’m very impressed. I know that they’re steam pipe, rather than T304, but with a lifetime warranty, who cares?!?

098C7259-D77D-4A0F-A2A6-2478B6B373B4.jpeg

8F51F7B9-2BEA-424C-B937-210B1F5C65E3.jpeg

3FE79F07-2538-4303-9E4D-2E989DC4F2EB.jpeg

Littlenum ran one of these for years, so you'll be fine mate 🙂

Be careful who you buy your fuel lines off, a set that's sold is too long.

What ECU you going for? Sheefa has just put a Syvecs S6 up for sale, or you could go a brand new Link G4x for the same money. No real difference in ECU's these days, but I'd imagine the Link G4x is now more advanced tbh. But as you know it's best to go with what your mapper recommends 🙂

5 hours ago, Style said:

Wait, what?

That's a punch in the gonads, pay to drive it or pay to legally park it up for a while. Can't win!

EDIT: Can't see anything on the gov website about this...you sure?

I've not seen it personally my neighbour had a notification few days ago when he went to sorn it saying he's got to pay.

I've just looked online and can't find anything either.

My friend was wrong. Fake news alert. Sorry 😅

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

Quick update on this. I got carried away😂

New turbo manifold, downpipe, screamer pipe, inlet manifold, injectors, fuel rail, fuel lines, FPR, carbon intake, GTE cam covers, R35GTR COP conversion, carbon timing cover amongst other things.

I’ve quite enjoyed taking the car apart and improving things that I made do with for the last 8 years and enjoyed some new challenges too - including manufacturing a custom coil pack bracket which can be used with GTE covers on a GE head…

3FF0A4E4-0311-4288-B3E9-CE8F15F4728B.jpeg

CBCD622E-C7F8-4CF5-8512-42EEFC468D0F.jpeg

84CDCE77-C5FE-477B-8F63-9838AE5955FA.jpeg

• Like 3

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T
  • 8 months later...

Long story short, it’s taken a lot longer than expected to get the car together and finished, but it’s been worth it in the end.

All the new parts and work from the last 12 months culminated in Romain @Racecal mapping the car yesterday and it made nice healthy numbers.

Heres a video of the session: 

0F8E318B-7596-40D1-B20D-13949D9C8D86.jpeg

• Like 2