Jay_NW SRD 3.4L HKS T62 Build

Lee P

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great Lee. Do you do this mani also as TWG version?

No need, when a HKS manifold kicks the crap out of a twin gate full race manifold you know HKS know what they are doing.

Think about it, the early HKS manifolds was twin wastegate and they changed to a single gate setup.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?672553-Hks-full-race-t4-exhaust-manifold-test-results

No need, when a HKS manifold kicks the crap out of a twin gate full race manifold you know HKS know what they are doing.

Think about it, the early HKS manifolds was twin wastegate and they changed to a single gate setup.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?672553-Hks-full-race-t4-exhaust-manifold-test-results

Strange results, as I gained 500rpm spool up over the HKS manifold with one of my single wastegate manifolds and then a further 300rpm spool up with my twin wastegate manifolds.

Strange results, as I gained 500rpm spool up over the HKS manifold with one of my single wastegate manifolds and then a further 300rpm spool up with my twin wastegate manifolds.

In which case it would be wise to say the end result being spool is not only effected by the number or size of wastegates but moreso the design. Stating the obvious i guess mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I remember reading in that test, the runners on the HKS manifold were narrower than the runners on the Full Race manifold.

Full Race do make 2 versions with different sized runners and the larger one was used in that test.

I think I remember reading in that test, the runners on the HKS manifold were narrower than the runners on the Full Race manifold.

Full Race do make 2 versions with different sized runners and the larger one was used in that test.

So not really comparing like for like, bigger runners make quite a difference to lag but they help if you are running serious power.

As with any turbo manifold, a narrow pipe will be more restrictive but increase the velocity of the gas at the turbo , like pinching a hosepipe, but results in restrictive flow at higher output, wastegates depend on the manifold they are attached to as to how well they are able to flow the bypass gasses , design of one setup would work better with twin wastegates and another flow better with a larger single

Just about as many variables as turbo sizes , ideally a narrow runner smaller turbo that spools rapidly but reaches its flow max would require a better flowing design of bypass wastegate setup

Horses for courses

Me personally I prefer a larger bore runner and suffer the possible lag but know my egt and flow from engine is healthy

That looks well smart, would this method be more benificial than heat wrapping?

Yes I would say so, it will last longer than heat wrap which can fall apart.

It looks alot better and In testing has shown it can work better than heat wrap.

The only down side is its alot more money.