The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling members in Avon - Meets?

listy

Right, I'm looking for members in Avon who would be up for monthly meets starting in the new year.

I'm just over the Severn Bridge (not m4, the other one) and Bristol is closer than Cardiff where I have been going so far, but never seem to catch any hints of meets in the Bristol area.

So, if you are around Bristol and would be up for Monthly Meets, then please make yourself known :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for doing this. Can't confirm my commitment each time until the day before quite often. There is usually a big meet in Cribbs Causway in the car park outside TK Max for all modded cars. I am aware of it happening every sunday between 18:00 and 22:00, the better the weather the better the turn out. I have been told however that the last Sunday of every month is the biggest meet. I will hopefully be able to make this months one. Let me know if you're going.

I'd be up for driving down but not too just stand in a car park, a spot of lunch perhaps ? :)

This is my kind of idea. The Cribbs "cruises" are all well and good, you do see some nice cars there, including drift scene Datsuns, a Bently GT once, and various other high end/performance cars, but the majority are chavs doing high speed runs down the road, with everyone watching. Never done that myself, just tend to drive down that bit of road as I leave, and give it a few revs, so people know I dont have to prove the car is fast.

I'd much rather do a Saturday or Sunday for lunch and a bit of a drive, like the "Up t'north" lot do with the Pancake Run.

Anyone around Bristol know of anywhere that does a good Sunday lunch?

We could meet for lunch and have a little drive after, starting in maybe march when the wether starts to improve?

Sounds good mate,we will try to get up for some meets, need to make sure we have got DragonBall covered aswell.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started a thread about this last year, and was wondering when people think the best time to start meets is.

Personally, I think March.

People who would be up for these meets, please add your name to the list.

I'm thinking, lunch somewhere, and a bit of a drive maybe, on a Sunday (1st Sunday of the month would suit most I think, due to payday :D)

Ideas welcome for locations :)

1. Listy35 (Jon)

• 2 weeks later...

A few to tag on to, perhaps?

If there's a white Soarer around, that's me.

Costswold Airport (Kemble) cafe last Sunday of the month (access from the A433 Tetbury to Cirencester road)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=114&t=1144187&i=280&mid=&nmt=

Queen's Square, Bristol second Sunday of the month

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=114&t=785879&mid=35934&i=0&nmt=Classics+in+Queen+Square&mid=35934

New one - Berkeley, first Sunday of the month

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=114&t=1242798&mid=35934&nmt=North%2C+SouthWestPH+3rd+Feb+Meet

I think there's another regular PH meet down Exeter way as well.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)