The mkiv Supra Owners Club

POSTPONED for this year Portland run and meet

DodgyRog

This is just an interest thread for the minute and I will get on to it properly when I get back from Florida in mid June

It was a really good day when we did it a few years back

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?179546-Meet-Exeter-to-Weymouth-Sunday-19th-April&highlight=Portland

Pics and after thoughts

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?183231-Portland-run-meet-19-4-2009-Pics&highlight=Portland

Anyway, post up if you think you would like to join in, you don't have to be from teh South West and we will try and get someone from Hampshire/Dorset area to bring in a convoy from there end like last time

Generally it will be exactly the same as last time, just remember if Blackie is with us, we have to stop every 5 mins for him to pee:D

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I may miss out on the Swas and do this one instead, The Devon car show and Swas are a bit close together for me, Not seen the portland thread before and seems to be more my kind of thing. I'll have a think over the weekend.

im in that was a great day out.

It certain was bud, the coast road from Bridport was awesome, just have to hope we have a late summer

I would be up for this but just the meet for me as i would be coming from the isle of wight side.

Yes, I would be up for it again, it was a really good day out, some great driving routes, a good pub for dinner and good company, we were also lucky with the weather.

Great idea.

The plan would be the same as last time for you guys.

We would meet you in Bridport (obviously if you want to come down to Exeter you can), hopefully someone will take the lead your end and organise a convoy to Bridport from your side

By all means spread the word and when I get back in June I will get on to it properly.

Need to speak to the Pub on Portland and check about the parking at the back of the pub, it was a bit bumpy last time

If it's to bad there is a huge Pay and Display 100 yards down the road

Post a link to this thread in your own Area Events page please guys, I will still need someone to take control of organising a convoy from the other direction for them to get to Bridport

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on this, I am still planing to organise something for this, but having to wait before setting a date, due to the DragonCol being aimed for around the same date

As soon as I get a date from Branners I will start on this, I will try and keep the date a good couple of weeks away from the DragonCol, but it might mean pushing this into October

• 1 month later...

Just giving this a little bump

I am still intending to organise this, but still waiting on the DragonCol dates to be announced

Now SupraPod is done, I think Branners will be setting the date soon, as soon as he does I will set a date and get on with this

Due to the wonderful summer we are having, I will say now that if the weather forecast is not good for the chosen date, then it will get postponed or cancelled, this run and route relies on decent weather, it's pointless if it's going to chuck it down

Watch this space for an update as soon as Branners sets the DragonCol date

• 4 weeks later...

Right then, for those that are waiting on this I have decided to postpone this until late March early April

Reason is, I think that it is better for people (including me) to try and get to DragonCol, I certainly won't be able to afford both events so close together

So I will start a new thread in the new year with a date etc all sorted,

sorry for the messing around, but I think the DragonCol is more important

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just seen Branners posted up about the Supra Anniversary event, that might cause an issue with my planned dates, as I was looking at a weekend later

Money will be to tight to do 3 events in a month for most I would guess

Going to have to have a rethink

There's local shows down here John, so I will have to see if I can work out a date, but on a quick look

I have 2 events in June, 2 in July already

Early August might be a possibility from this end, are there any National things around the 2nd weekend of August