The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My '96 Supra RS-Z Facelift Twin Turbo

Mattross1313

Thanks for the comments quys. I am in total agreement that if I get the new paint on the boot I will definitely remove the rear wiper. But I am slowly starting to agree ripper_fear in that the trial rear without a spoiler just leaves a certain something out. To that avail I have actually been looking at the stock spoiler, combo'd with the roof spoiler could look nice? I think they both have similar curves, as opposed to the TRD. A friend of mine may soon be removing the stock spoiler so I may trial fit it to see how it looks.

Again, I agree with the sideskirts, I am not a fan of Failside's. So this weekend I am off to pick up my first ever real eBay bargain!! I bagged myself a pair of Whifbitz Replica OEM skirts, never fitted, still in gel coat, for a rather wonderful.......£62.

A quick project update whilst I am here (though some may have already seen my recent threads with questions). The car was dropped off at a local garage yesterday to get the leaky diff seals replaced and have a FULL service. I ordered the seals some time ago from Toyota using my VIN plate details, which listed my car as having an A02A rear diff. The garage phoned and told me the seals were no where close to fitting. after some investigation and help from fellow member David P we worked out that my car has a B series Torsen diff. So back I went to Toyota and I expect delivery of my new seals next week.

My front brake hoses were also split and VERY dangerous, so I have ordered a set of stainless braided lines from Paul @ Whifbitz which should arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed the garage doesn't call with more "good" news.

On that note, if anyone is looking for a pair of rear diff seals and deflector/dust seals let me know :)

Matt

Nothing wrong with them Dave (is it?). I must be honest, VS skirts look best on a Supra, as opposed to other cars. But they arent for me :)

aha im only kidding mate :) everyones got different tastes! what ya gonna replace em for bud?

oh and yeah its dave bruddddda

Nothing wrong with them Dave (is it?). I must be honest, VS skirts look best on a Supra, as opposed to other cars. But they arent for me :)

Finally :) i think late do luck skirts, check my garage similar kits.

Hey all, quick update as I haven't seen the car for over a week now :( I should be getting the car back Tues/Weds as the diff seals have now been replaced, and the service has been done. Just the brake lines and dyno run left to complete. The chap at the garage said the diff oil, auto box fluids, oil & coolant were all hanging! So a job well done I think :)

I have been slowly collecting items this week to keep me busy over the summer. So just a few quick photos of them today. I have -

• A set of pre-facelift front seats from a very low mile car, in good condition. The drivers seat in mine was knackered, rocked back & forth and the bolsters had seen better days. Hope to get these re-trimmed at some point soon.
  • I picked up a Blitz rad cap from a member on here to accompany my Blitz FMIC
  • My centre dash panel was broken and had been hacked at to fit in a double DIN stereo (I think from Japan). So got a replacement which I am going to fettle with.
  • With the help of another member I am now the proud owner of a set of OEM wind deflectors. My current drivers side one is badly damaged.
  • the final treat was my eBay bargain of the year so far. a set of whifbitz OEM replica side skirts, never fitted for £60

attachment.php?attachmentid=151242&stc=1&d=1336412217

attachment.php?attachmentid=151243&stc=1&d=1336412217

attachment.php?attachmentid=151244&stc=1&d=1336412217

attachment.php?attachmentid=151245&stc=1&d=1336412217

attachment.php?attachmentid=151246&stc=1&d=1336412217

DSCF2367.jpg

DSCF2368.jpg

DSCF2369.jpg

DSCF2370.jpg

DSCF2371.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Whilst fettling on the car the other day a friend of mine dropped by and gave me a good tip for cleaning the headlights. Mine has the cloudy/milkyness to the plastics, but after a good scrub with some G3 compound followed by some Megs deep polish they came up an absolute treat!! The photos, both before & after, don't show the results that well. But I'm over the moon with them :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=150632&stc=1&d=1335392046

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=150633&stc=1&d=1335392046

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=150634&stc=1&d=1335392046

megs plastex r is what i use on my headlights it brings em up lovely, mine would look even better if i had the face lift head lights tho haha

nice car man im well jealous haha keep it up :-)

• 3 months later...