The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jos's Silver Shadow (My achievements thanks to this forum so far..)

Jos

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a stressfull week for me, had a deadline to meet at work and I had to finish my car before friday 9:00 am, that's when I had my appointment for MOT. Because of those circumstances the only test drive I could do after rebuilding my car for 1,5 years was an hour before MOT, but fortunately all went well!!! she flew through mot, and I had the wheels alligned while I was at the garage.

attachment.php?attachmentid=169668&stc=1&d=1368864107

attachment.php?attachmentid=169669&stc=1&d=1368864107

attachment.php?attachmentid=169670&stc=1&d=1368864107

DSC_1700pb.jpg

DSC_1697pb.jpg

DSC_1693pb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys! I've been a bit busy with the dutch forum, and work, and offcourse driving my pride and joy :cool:.

That's why I haven't been posting for a while, although I checked the forum regularly to see how things were here :sly:.

Also had some problems after a while with the sequential system and not boosting fully, but after some searching and fiddeling she now runs great and at 1,2 bar again! Tested all the actuators and vsv's (thanks for the tech writeups here) and now I have some more understanding of how the sequential system works.

Have a few little plans for winter, but keeping her as she is now for this season, and trying to kep her in one piece before JEA:eyebrows:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174032&stc=1&d=1377279653

attachment.php?attachmentid=174033&stc=1&d=1377279653

attachment.php?attachmentid=174034&stc=1&d=1377279653

DSC_2067.jpg

DSC_2071.jpg

DSC_0877.JPG

We had a little nurnburgring meet last sunday with a few members of the dutch forum, was great fun although I was a little bit nervous first time on the track. But she did great, and I didn't have a problem for the entire trip :ok:. Next time I will need to set the suspension a bit higher, had some rubbing in the front arch, and play a bit more with my boostcontroller, sometimes it will overboost a little, but not much.

some photo's:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174429&stc=1&d=1377854523

attachment.php?attachmentid=174427&stc=1&d=1377854324

attachment.php?attachmentid=174428&stc=1&d=1377854324

ms-ringpics_TF25082013-7643_Original (private Nutzung)_654265pb.jpg

ms-ringpics_TF25082013-7559_Original (private Nutzung)_654267pb.jpg

DSC_1944-(ZF-3691-96662-1-001)pb.jpg

Thanks James!, its funny you say that, I saw a silver ukspec with facelifts a week ago and I loved how it looked, so was thinking of getting them for next year.

Or maybe refurbish a pair of pre-facelifts, since I would need a pair of lhd lights.

Thanks guys! I've been a bit busy with the dutch forum, and work, and offcourse driving my pride and joy :cool:.

That's why I haven't been posting for a while, although I checked the forum regularly to see how things were here :sly:.

Also had some problems after a while with the sequential system and not boosting fully, but after some searching and fiddeling she now runs great and at 1,2 bar again! Tested all the actuators and vsv's (thanks for the tech writeups here) and now I have some more understanding of how the sequential system works.

Have a few little plans for winter, but keeping her as she is now for this season, and trying to kep her in one piece before JEA:eyebrows:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=174032&stc=1&d=1377279653

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=174033&stc=1&d=1377279653

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=174034&stc=1&d=1377279653

Amazing project Jos. :cool:

What was the cause of the problem of low boost?

Thanks James!, its funny you say that, I saw a silver ukspec with facelifts a week ago and I loved how it looked, so was thinking of getting them for next year.

Or maybe refurbish a pair of pre-facelifts, since I would need a pair of lhd lights.

You can file the light diverters to make the beams LHD..... Or I'm sure someone on here has a set of LHD facelifts for sale....

Amazing project Jos. :cool:

What was the cause of the problem of low boost?

Thanks Iky, sorry for the late reply, got caught up in work so forgot to post here:imsorry:.

First there were a few old vacuum lines wich I suspect to have possibly leaked a little, so I've renewed those, also I changed the spark plugs for a colder grade, and I might have underestimated the effect of warmer air on the boost level, now with my boost controller properly setup she runs great.

• 2 weeks later...
Looked beautiful at JAE :thumbs:

Thanks Chris, love your new avatar, was great seeing it IRL!

Great project thread jos, I was parked next to this supra at jae, fantastic car, fantastic bloke.

See you soon (jenga boy) rematch next year. :D

Gary.

Hey Gary, thanks for the kind words, I really enjoyed our jenga match, and am looking foreward to meeting you next year and the rematch! Lovely car you have, I saw you were going for bpu now?

• 1 month later...