The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

Don't think I had seen a picture of the inside till now. Looks great. :thumbs:

Ha, Cheers :)

I am going to be re-working the cage over the winter mainly to get it up to spec for TA next year.

Any extra weight the re-worked cage adds will be removed from the car via the use of Carbon fibre

Quite a lot of the aluminium panelling inside will be replaced with CF as well as Custom CF doors, Wings & Bonnet.

So hopefully even after the cage has been re-worked It should still be a little lighter than it is now.

I am going to also have to install an MSA/FIA approved Fuel cell too so it’s a shame to remove the custom tank Ryan had made for the car (which I am sure is fine anyway) unless it has MSA/FIA approval I won’t be allowed to enter TA until its replaced along with a Spill tray and firewall :( but then thinking about it, its not all bad, I would rather not burn to death in a fireball if I did go rear end into a wall... :D

My new suspension setup arrived today Courtesy of Steve Linton.. :D

Nitron NTR Racing R3

attachment.php?attachmentid=161579&stc=1&d=1354744801

These have just been serviced so are as new, there is no sign of use at all !!

As the track Supra is so track focused I felt it needed a fully adjustable race setup.

The 2 way Japanese Öhlin's I have on the car are good but are really just for a fast road car.

I felt the car needed something to do it justice on the suspension side, something to really show people how good a car Ryan built..

Having the best suspension kit that Nitron do I think is a worthy addition.

Looking forward to getting custom spring rates on so I can really tune the car to be a real corner whore!

704729_395607047180611_693661150_o.jpg

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

My new suspension setup arrived today Courtesy of Steve Linton.. :D

Nitron NTR Racing R3

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=161579&stc=1&d=1354744801

These have just been serviced so are as new, there is no sign of use at all !!

As the track Supra is so track focused I felt it needed a fully adjustable race setup.

The 2 way Japanese Öhlin's I have on the car are good but are really just for a fast road car.

I felt the car needed something to do the it justice on the suspension side, something to really show people how good a car Ryan built..

Having the best suspension kit that Nitron do I think is a worthy addition.

Looking forward to getting custom spring rates on so I can really tune the car to be a real corner whore!

Nice purchase, these really are the daddys, have fun setting them up!

Glad to see the Nitrons finally went to a good home where they'll be put to the use they were intended for.

I had to talk myself out of buying these several times partly because I can't justify buying them for my level of involvement but mainly because worrying about them being bought by someone else who'd just put them on a road car was a defence that was never gonna convince the family!

Wise buy Richard, I'm dead jealous mate!

Nice purchase.

Steve told me that you had bought them earlier.

Looking forward to maybe seeing you in action next year and Paul and Steve will testify that I am good at applying Time Attack vinyls and cleaning windscreens between sessions (lol) if you need a hand up North!

hehe awesome :) cheers mate will let you know.

Glad to see the Nitrons finally went to a good home where they'll be put to the use they were intended for.

I had to talk myself out of buying these several times partly because I can't justify buying them for my level of involvement but mainly because worrying about them being bought by someone else who'd just put them on a road car was a defence that was never gonna convince the family!

Wise buy Richard, I'm dead jealous mate!

Cheers dude, Yeah it would be a waste to put them on a road car where they will not be used to their potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to shift 15.4kg (34lbs) off the car without spending any money!! :D

Yep thats right I have stopped eating pies and have lost some weight... cheapest weight saving so far... only another 22lbs to go!

On top of that (and more car related) Custom carbon doors, front wings, bonnet and interior panels (transmission tunnel, floor etc) are almost underway which should lighten things further (just waiting for some bits to arrive) I will be updating more on this as we go further into winter.

My Öhlin suspension setup will be up for sale in order to make way for the Nitrons in the next couple of months so if anyone is interested give us a shout.

I have managed to shift 15.4kg (34lbs) off the car without spending any money!! :D

Yep thats right I have stopped eating pies and have lost some weight... cheapest weight saving so far... only another 22lbs to go!

On top of that (and more car related) Custom carbon doors, front wings, bonnet and interior panels (transmission tunnel, floor etc) are almost underway which should lighten things further (just waiting for some bits to arrive) I will be updating more on this as we go further into winter.

My Öhlin suspension setup will be up for sale in order to make way for the Nitrons in the next couple of months so if anyone is interested give us a shout.

I bet it was the hardest weight loss you'll do for the car, though ;)

Can't wait to see all these carbon fibre panels you're having made. You're turning a great track car into a perfect track car. Hope it all goes well :thumbs:

I bet it was the hardest weight loss you'll do for the car, though ;)

Can't wait to see all these carbon fibre panels you're having made. You're turning a great track car into a perfect track car. Hope it all goes well :thumbs:

Ha yeah, it s been a difficult 4 months so far... still have a couple of months to go...

Its keeping it off which will be the issue...hopefully I will be so busy with the car I wont have time to eat lol :D

The carbon panels are going to be purely functional (and thats to be as lightweight as possible) so the finish is not "that" important, if the weave is not 100% straight I am not going to worry as in the end the external panels will be painted white to match the car, the only external part of the car which will show bare carbon will be the center of the new bonnet which will match the roof and rear spoiler and give the car a Carbon fibre Mohawk... (see red shaded area below).

attachment.php?attachmentid=162109&stc=1&d=1356014016

I think it will also make the car look a little more aggressive as it will match the carbon canards, roof and rear spoiler.

The inside of the car will be a mixture of bare and painted carbon fibre.

304368_385347724873210_1598972175_n.jpg

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Ha yeah, it s been a difficult 4 months so far... still have a couple of months to go...

Its keeping it off which will be the issue...hopefully I will be so busy with the car I wont have time to eat lol :D

The carbon panels are going to be purely functional (to be lightweight as possible) so the finish is not "that" important, if the weave is not 100% straight I am not going to worry as in the end the external panels will be painted white to match the car, the only external part of the car which will show bare carbon will be the center of the new bonnet which will match the roof and rear spoiler and give the car a Carbon fibre Mohawk... (see red shaded area below).

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=162109&stc=1&d=1356014016

I think it will also make the car look a little more aggressive as it will match the carbon canards, roof and rear spoiler.

The inside of the car will be a mixture of bare and painted carbon fibre.

That sounds good. If I won the lottery, I'd love to build something like this and do a few race series' as a hobby :)

Oh and a huge house with a separate garage to keep and work on the cars in :)