The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011, any East Anglians???

staples230uk

Right, lets get this organised then lads. Me and lambo are going to meet up at 7am then head up to the Thetford services. Is it just us 3 who are going to meet there or is there anymore takers. We'll never make the convoy as they're meeting too early, so we'll just cruise up for an arrival time of around 10:30 ish, maybe a little earlier. We'll be following the A11 most of the way, then maybe take the A14 from Cambridge up to Pod. That sound good?

Count me in, what time you guys wanna meet at thetford. Is this the services at barton mills dan? Give me a time and I'll be there. Yeah to make the main convoy I'm gonna have to be up at the crack of a sparrows fart lol. Any other day I would have done, but working nights that week so need some sleep lol. I bet the mega convoy is awesome and to all those who are going in it.....have a good one ;)

Edited by staples230uk (see edit history)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boomers, ive ben really busy today but ill look the net tomorrow and find out what its called, its on the round about just after the big statue on the single carraigeway bit. Got a little chef there. Dont think Supra steveo is meeting up there as some twat smacked into him on the way back from yarco sunday night! he messaged me. but yeah if we say 8:15 then itll give me and dan time to cruise up to thetford instead of having to push it.

Are you guys hitting A11 towards London then hitting the A14 around Huntingdon area? If so, would you guys mind letting me join ya? I'm staying at RAF Alconbury near Stukeley. I've only been in the UK a week so I'm not very good at getting around. I'm gonna see if a buddy at work can let me borrow his GPS. Let me know and I'll get further details as to where you guys can stop or where I can meet you a little farther down A14. As most have mentioned... the mega meet is getting together pretty early :p Thanks!

Just wondered if you lot of East Anglians have organised yourselfs to meet my Mega convoy at Brampton services at 8.30am this is why I have added that stop ??? if not we are going to go straight through from South Mimms without stopping

Were going to be travelling up later than that Lui, thats why we started this thread. I would love to meet up with the mega convoy, but that would mean us leaving around 5am just to get there comfortably.

Lola, the Brampton stop isnt far from Huntingdon i dont think. I've replied to your PM also :)

Thanks for the invite lui but like Dan said, we wont be getting up that early. Yes its Barton Mills, went past it yesterday on the way to pod for USC. So meet at Barton mills at 8:15. Yeah of course mate we go on the A11 to the A14 so if you wanna pick a meeting placeon the A14 we'll meet you there on the way :)

Thanks for the invite lui but like Dan said, we wont be getting up that early. Yes its Barton Mills, went past it yesterday on the way to pod for USC. So meet at Barton mills at 8:15. Yeah of course mate we go on the A11 to the A14 so if you wanna pick a meeting placeon the A14 we'll meet you there on the way :)

Could meet you guys in the services at the junction of the A14 / A1 (big round about) in the BP garage? There will be two Silver Supes one TT and one N/A. If you are up for it let me know what time?

And the numbers climb :D Inazone or Lola, do you have a postcode for that services? I'm sure we'll find it anyway, its just to make our life easier :) Once i have the Postcode, i can give you an approximate time of our arrival.

Dan

Did not realise it was the Brampton Services :rolleyes:, however post code according to Google maps is A14 Brampton, Cambridgeshire PE28 4, UK. I have done Lui's convoy before, it is ok however a lot effort, especially when it involves getting up early! I need one day where i am not getting up at 06:00!

According to my sat nav i am 40 miles from the Brampton services, so should take about 10 mins in the supe :eyebrows:

Ill be at brampton services as well :) But ill be jumping into the mega convoy as it goes past hopefully!

James got your mobile mate when 10 mins away will call you to round up all to get ready to exit cheers Lui & will also call you when coming off slip road A1 onto A14 cheers Lui

See you at Barton Mills Dan!! This week can't go fast enough :)

Lol i want it too go slow as possible so i have longer to get the car ready. I touched up the front wheels and painted the front calipers today, starting on the rears tomorrow. Then its onto a big wash then detailing it hopefully as i have a new rotary and some polish begging to be applied lol. Should get my TRD spoiler back friday aswell freshly painted so with exception of the crappy side skirts, it should look the dogs :)