The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2011 SW convoy

wile e coyote

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a really good day, was good to meet a few from here. Had the supra for 3 years and this was the first day out. Didn't really make the effort to chat to many from the club but that was my fault :( Really enjoyed it though.

I did find out what was causing the bearing/grinding and vibration :) The front drivers side caliper was fairly well seized on. Also explains the £120+ fuel. I'm now on a search for new discs and pads to replace the nicely warped and worn ones. It also made a nice excuse not to try and keep up on the way home ;)

All in all a good day, thanks to Wile,Barney and Noz for making us feel welcome :) I'll upload some pics later.

mate you were lucky your wheel didnt seize :-O glad u had a good day, u going BBQ?

Yeah, Was lucky. Every time we stopped and then rejoined the motorway had a really bad vibration for about 5-10miles afterwards. Jacked it up yesterday and could only just turn the front wheel. I probably deserved it as I tried to do too much in the last week to get it back on the road. I'm not sure whether to get new discs/pads for the jspecs(they all need new pins/seals) or stump up for uks.

I'm going to try and get to the bbq(if its an open invite :) ) but won't know till nearer the time, work has to come first at the moment :(

:) Got a 'small' farm and do a fair bit of self employed work to bump up the earnings. I never know from one day to the next where I'll be or what I'm doing. Because of the time I've spent on the car in the last two weeks I now need to catch up on real life. :)

Where do 'you' work?

Aww man Im jealous. Having your own farm must be awesome, hard work but awesome. 'I' work in an engineering company, shift works allows you to drive around normal times of the day which is good as less traffic. Where is `your` farm to?

Its all in the way you look at things. There is probably 6months of the year that I would love your job :) the other 6 I couldn't imagine doing anything else, and when I said small I mean really small :) 30acres. too big to be a hobby, too small to make money from. That said there are bonuses, I finally have the barn space to play with my cars and bikes, and I get to run around naked singing Celine Dion and no one complains. Its about 3 miles from holsworthy.

30 aches dude thats awesome. mr j.clarkson owns a farm some how cars and farm life seem to link together well :) what do you run on your farm?

Kawasaki, suzuki, yamaha, honda, and a stable full of toyotas ;)

Just the usual, at the moment 6 pigs, 28 sheep, 52 lamb, 14 chickens, 2 ducks, 2 horses, 3 dogs, 8 cats, 2 turtles etc All enjoyable stuff. I'm just about to start building a new barn so I can have some of my workshop back :)