The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miss Banzai Charity Tunnel Run 2011 March 12th

cashpoint

Back for the first time in 2011, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

Please read the details below and follow the donations instructions.

*** Note this is for Japanese cars only - no exceptions.. non Jap cars will be refused entry ***

The run will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 12th March from 9.00pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site. There will be no entry to the site after 10.30pm so please arrive on time.

Please register your attendance by visting http://www.justgiving.com/MissBanzai2011 and donating your £5.00 entry fee. (Please put user name & club in the comments).

Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, Lupus UK. This is MissBanzai's 6th tunnel run and we decided that this would be our chosen charity for this event. One of our long standing members is currently being treated by the Lupus clinic at UCLH, he has yet to be officially diagnosed, but has been receiving treatment for this condition for the last 7 years.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease where the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling, and damage to joints, skin, kidneys, blood, the heart, and lungs.The main sufferers from Lupus are normally female, developing symptoms around either puberty or menopause and in most cases it’s a hereditary disease passed to female member of the same family. Only 1 in 10 sufferers are male and of those only 1 in 20 are under 30.

MissBanzai felt this would be a very worthwhile charity to raise money for on this occasion and a show of support to one of our members.

In comments please put your club name & forum user name - nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night -there *may* be a limited number of maps on the night BUT this is NOT guaranteed).

-Please arrive at the arena no earlier than 9.00pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena.

There will be a £1 per person cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.

-Payments for maps can only be taken up to 13:00 on 12th March on the Just Giving site. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AFTER THIS TIME or you will not be included on the list of maps for us to allocate on the night!

If you do not pay you are not guaranteed a map.

-Entry is £5 for a map (prepay on Just Giving) and £1 per person in cash on the gate to the arena on the night to cover the arena costs.

-This event is for Japanese cars only.. nothing else! There will be marshalls on the gate.

-Please remember to drive responsibly - anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

-You will need to bring sat nav / London A-Z for when you get lost. A passenger / map reader is also essential!

Sky Insurance and other companies will be awarding prizes on the night for the best turned out cars of the evening. The prizes could be awarded to any Jap cars from Civics to Skylines... so get polishing!!! Prize to be confirmed

Hope to see some of you there! Any questions, please drop a mail to [email protected] or post your questions here! We had approx 450 cars from various different Jap car clubs along last time, and have raised over £10,000 online for various charities to date, so make sure you come along and be part of it this and help raise some cash for a very worthy cause!!

• 3 weeks later...
Why are these always on dates I can't make, I still really want to do one of these.

Whatever else you have on then cancel it, this is one of the best runs I have been on. To see 500 jap cars 'touring' round london at midnight on a Saturday is quite something.

For anybody thats worried, it's not a chavved up cruise, it is only open to Japanese cars and there are some great examples there. You get to see bits of London you never knew existed and see jap cars everywhere. Well worth going along.

i havent got a car yet :(

abz you going? still got the supra? gun shot your front seat :)

I just saw this! I'll be going and the front seat is yours, though it is not the Supra :(

But it is Jap! :D

Hello mate I bought Abz car two weeks ago. I should be going up there with a mate who has a CRX. Hope to see you guys there too
Would be great to see her! Oh and obviously you! :p

Whatever else you have on then cancel it, this is one of the best runs I have been on. To see 500 jap cars 'touring' round london at midnight on a Saturday is quite something.

For anybody thats worried, it's not a chavved up cruise, it is only open to Japanese cars and there are some great examples there. You get to see bits of London you never knew existed and see jap cars everywhere. Well worth going along.

We had a great time last year and as Branners said it was quite surreal with all the Jap cars around London! The Supra's get soooo much attention! At one point, we was all following Branners around London when we stopped to make sure everyone was together and what happened? Branners had made our 7 Supra car convoy into about 30!!! :D

All these Jap cars were following Branners convoy, little did they know The Boss was lost! :D

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

I'm flying out to TX2k11 on the 12th, don't really want to cancel that:d, I shall make the next one though (unless it's October/November)

All these Jap cars were following going Branners convoy, little did they know The Boss was lost! :D

Full A-Z for me this time so I can work out where they are actally referring to. Was just a bit too random for me last time with 30 cars behind me. I know London well but got out to bits that I had not seen before, trying to read a route map while waiting for the sat nav to catch up is always fun.

Full A-Z for me this time so I can work out where they are actally referring to. Was just a bit too random for me last time with 30 cars behind me. I know London well but got out to bits that I had not seen before, trying to read a route map while waiting for the sat nav to catch up is always fun.
If Adnan comes along, we will get him to read the map so we can enjoy the cars! :D

Same here, I work in The City and even I say some great picture locations!

When the weather is better, we should organise a Sunday London Run. :)

Gutted! I'm on call this week :(

Change the rota! Sorted! ;)

We only have one person on call each week and this week it's my turn. I don't think i'll be able to get cover, i'll ask the others tomorrow.
Cool, tell them you are doing something to raise money for charity (Don't mention the tunnel run), say "You're doing a run". :D

If I can get the time off work, I'll be at this, it sounds awesome! My car is hardly show-worthy though, so don't laugh!

Will there be a specifically marked Supra bit, or will it be easy enough to all meet in the same place in the arena?