The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offland's big single and weight reduction build

Oddball87

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha your having a laugh aint you??

Nope lol Thinking of removing all of it because it is put on quite thick, I reckon it would weigh quite i abit. I removed the sound deadening and that weighed i few kg, But ofcourse i will not drive around with no protection under the car i was thinking of just painting it with some Hammerite and then a few thin layers of waxoyl

I think i am going firm on this setup now

SRD stage 3 cams

Titan cam gears

Unorthodox pulley set

Ferrea valve train kit

Bronze guides

Shimless buckets

BC Pro rods

Mahle Pistons

Acl race bearings

Billet main caps

Arp main studs

Arp head studs

Billet tensioner bracket

New crank pulley

New water pump

New oil pump

New engine gasket set

Gate racing cam belt

Gates racing fan belt

Super spark coilpacks

I may change to Cosworth pistons and Carrillo h beam rods in the future if i go for more power and if i have the cash :)

Hi guys i am really stuck on what turbo to go for!! I have been looking at the GT42R-7275 that jamie put up on here i no its abit over kill for the power i want but i am a clown and will end up wanting more power in the furture :) I think its worth getting this now to save me money in the long run, instead of buying a smaller setup now runing it for a year say then spending loads to change for a bigger turbo what you think? Also will this turbo fit on a HKS GT Manifold? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to loose all that weight I would look seriouly at going too big of a turbo. My 67 Billet is absoluetly mental and I'm running 1335kg at the mo, when it goes down to sub 1300kg it's going to be even worse. I'm running 720bhp, and with a couple more small tweaks (for example a small boost increase - I run a conservative 1.5 BAR compared to most of the big hitters on here) I'm sure a 750bhp is do-able. That would put my power to weight on par with a 900bhp UK Spec.

I personally would go for the smaller turbo, then yes sell it and swap for a larger one later for a small loss

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)