The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parrys NA-TT(BPU) Project

Parry_10

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just a little update, I now have a complete tt engine and all the conversion parts and also hks superdragger exhaust, first and second decat pipes and restrictor ring and hks bov. I took my na engine out today and putting in the tt lump on saturday and ordering a competition clutch for my w58 and a front mount intercooler, just need the last few bits to run bpu:) aiming to have it up and running the next couple of weeks!

Nice project Chris, always good to see someone take on the work themselves :) Good choice of parts so far, tastefuly done.

What model clutch have you gone for (and is it a puck one)? Please let us know how you get one with it, I'm in the market for a new one and haven't found anything suitable yet!

thanks guys, as for the clutch the only thing I can find in the uk is competetion clutch paddle type its about 350-400 though:/ seen some from us on ebay $190 plus shipping and charges etc thats an exedy organic type im in contact with them at the minute regarding how much power that one can take as ive got all the bpu parts

thanks guys, as for the clutch the only thing I can find in the uk is competetion clutch paddle type its about 350-400 though:/ seen some from us on ebay $190 plus shipping and charges etc thats an exedy organic type im in contact with them at the minute regarding how much power that one can take as ive got all the bpu parts

Thanks, I'd guessed it was that clutch but wanted to make sure. Personally I'm after an organic plate but there don't seem to be any that can handle BPU torque (or with any margin of manufacturers claims!). The strongest one I've found is the Southbend DXD stage 4, rated to 390lb/ft. It'd be good to hear your feedback on the paddle clutch after you get it running and bedded in :)

thanks tony and I would move it to projects thread but I dont know how? and when I tried to post it in there it said I had to post it in supra chat and then it would be moved or something...

Project threads only get moved there by moderators after it's deemed worthy enough ;) I'll move this one now.

completed the tt conversion now all thats left is some wiring modification and still got to fit my fmic and silicon hoses,

list of bits ive used-

oem oil filter, coolant, flywheel bolts

flywheel skim

competition stage 4 6 puck clutch kit

new gearbox oil

hks superdragger catback exhaust

1st and 2nd decats with restrictor ring

fcd=in post

fmic

hks bov

blue silicon hoses

spark plugs, new coil pack clips

walboro fuel pump

tt rev counter, trac control ecu, power steering resevoir and throttle cable

probably missed something out just got to decide on engine oil now

• 4 weeks later...

update- now running tt at bpu and going down to afr next week for a health check and a few dyno runs. heres a few pics

had the car 7 months now and its come a hell of a long way in such little time and ive done all the work myself apart from spraying and wiring so I think its time to enjoy the supra for a bit now lol

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...