The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Titan Motorsports Ground up $200k build

goeights

So am I. What's all this about then? Who owns it, where is it, what's happening with it, and what's its purpose in life? The answers to those questions, calmly answered, may shed some light on this matter :)

Go eights did and still does own the car, after it failed on Thors dyno he sent it to Titan to have it sorted but there are now problems there with the bodyshop so more dramas. They have put in a brand new engine and box and changed manifolds and turbos, basically taken the car and started from scratch.

Dave (go eights) has got so fed up waiting for his car he bought Matts trial car.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calm you passions! I didn't say I didn't like the car, it just didn't do anything for me, and it may as well be an NA for the kind of use it would appear to get.

I don't really understand what my knowledge of Supras has to do with my opinion of your car, but I've had a few now :)

By the way, 'u' is actually 'you' although I appreciate they may sound the same :)

I really don't think thats fair, Dave only got to drive it once, its not his fault it never worked after spending close to 100K on it. I can asure you he intends the green car to be a daily driver that is capable of running deep in the 8's and having chatted with Nero he assures me it is pretty streetable. You can have only seen the car once so maybe wait till its back in this country before you mouth off for the sake of it.

It's about time you came on with some pics David.

David has kept me updated on the whole build from start til now and OMG this is gona be 1 serious car.

I know in detail of all the troubles David has had with the car and thrust me most would have thrown in the towel and walked away.

Looking forward to seeing this and Reece still wants his run to school lmao. Keep the faith mate it won't be long now.

I really don't think thats fair, Dave only got to drive it once, its not his fault it never worked after spending close to 100K on it. I can asure you he intends the green car to be a daily driver that is capable of running deep in the 8's and having chatted with Nero he assures me it is pretty streetable. You can have only seen the car once so maybe wait till its back in this country before you mouth off for the sake of it.

I think what's unfair is that he's posted up a thread on a public forum to gather interest/inform us of the progress on his car, I air an opinion of his car and he calls me a nob.

The OP may want to spend a bit more time on the forum, I'm sure he'll see that's not how we act around here.

My opinion of his car is based on having seen it. It was obviously not a daily driver at the time, so that's really his fault for showing it off before it was finished.

I feel sorry for the OP, as he has obviously had an ordeal with this car, I hope he manages to get everything sorted with it asap so he can start enjoying it.

You can't say the story is an epic, and then not give any details!

I saw this car once and it did nothing for me, it's nothing but a trailer queen, so having 1400+ hp is irrelevant.

I think what's unfair is that he's posted up a thread on a public forum to gather interest/inform us of the progress on his car, I air an opinion of his car and he calls me a nob.

The OP may want to spend a bit more time on the forum, I'm sure he'll see that's not how we act around here.

My opinion of his car is based on having seen it. It was obviously not a daily driver at the time, so that's really his fault for showing it off before it was finished.

I feel sorry for the OP, as he has obviously had an ordeal with this car, I hope he manages to get everything sorted with it asap so he can start enjoying it.

Think its probably best to leave it there mate as you dont know the story.

Dave has had a knightmare with this build and it was not his fault at all the car was not ready. All he wanted to do was use it but due to some problems the car broke down.

Not everyone is a forum wizard and great with posting, Im just glad he has got around to posting some pics and progress.

Keep it up Dave, looking forward to the seeing this, we need more pics. :)

Its actually going through the Florida courts at the moment,TITAN are taking the body shop that have had the car to court over time taken and work done against money given,so i guess winter or spring,they've had $150k to date.

Blimey, no luck with this car, look forward to seeing it someday and please keep us updated Dave:)

Think its probably best to leave it there mate as you dont know the story.

Dave has had a knightmare with this build and it was not his fault at all the car was not ready. All he wanted to do was use it but due to some problems the car broke down.

Not everyone is a forum wizard and great with posting, Im just glad he has got around to posting some pics and progress.

Keep it up Dave, looking forward to the seeing this, we need more pics. :)

I dont remember the story fully, but i remember it wasnt his fault at all, now look, the guys shipped his supra across the world to have it built, thats dedication!!! is it coming back to the uk??

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...