The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Isle Of Wight Road Trip

SupraJames

Just thought I would post this up, myself and a few friends are having a road trip this weekend to the IOW. We are being accompanied by what has turned into the entire staff from Fast Car Magazine. We are going over very early doors Sat morning, out on the town Sat night and then Sunday will be spend doing photos and then Sunday night there will be a few of us meeting up @ 7pm at Wakes Retail Park in Newport.

All are welcome to come along and be nice to see some more Supras :)

If you want any more info please contact me.

James

I'll try to catch up with you all at some point. It would be good to meet up with a few before SupraPod.

If your car is green, then I spotted you on saturday parked in a very nice road through Ventnor on the way to Alum Bay. Just before St Lawrence. :)

And who's is the silver one that I saw a few weeks ago on the A3055 from Ryde?

Beepers Schute. Again, could be ripped_fear. He spotted you, so it could be vice versa.

Otherwise it could be Wightlad. He comes to the island every weekend.

Or another guy I know. There's three I know with Silver Supras and further more on the island that are silver.

I took my supra over on the red funnel last year and badly cracked my front splitter getting off the boat, beware.

Was that the RMM lip Jamie. As looking to put one on but have been worried about that happening, as on and off the ferries quite often. (Is your car lowered from standard, I'm assuming it is).

Was that the RMM lip Jamie. As looking to put one on but have been worried about that happening, as on and off the ferries quite often. (Is your car lowered from standard, I'm assuming it is).

Yes and yes, not a good idea if you are on and off that red funnel a lot, not been on the wightlink.

Umm car has around 2 inch ground clearance lol, mates polo has even less, we are taking blocks of wood and going on the ferry last. We are using Wightlink.

Those ferry people are going to love you. With you being last on you will be last off which will be a benefit as you can dawdle about trying to get off but expect some serious frowns from the dock hands.

Cheers Jamie,

Use wightlink at Yarmouth but won't make any difference, might get away with it at mid. tide. Have to have a serious think.

SupraJames, you will need to take it easy around the islands roads they are not the best, in fact the worst, take real care if you go through St. Lawrence. (You have been warned ;))

It thought that the roads on the island were much better than over here, so no complaints there, but it's a tad unnerving that some of the lanes are crumbling down the hillsides! :blink:

Some tightish bends and narrow lanes here and there, but that's all part of the fun, unless a coach is coming in the opposite direction! Alum Bay area, especially.

I thought it was a lovely place to go for a weekend. :)

It's given me an excellent business idea too. ;)

Some places on the island aren't bad for driving on such as Newport generally and the busiest roads have recently been smoothed out. There are still the odd crack around. It's fine for island road trips.

You just have to be more careful on the more country roads.

It's given me an excellent business idea too. ;)

Does it include investing in rebuilding our surfaces? ;)

Some places on the island aren't bad for driving on such as Newport generally and the busiest roads have recently been smoothed out. There are still the odd crack around. It's fine for island road trips.

Does it include investing in rebuilding our surfaces? ;)

Was it that obvious? No, not at all. Something completely different. :innocent: