The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz SBC-ID, SBC-ID II and Powermeter

Branners

Bugger ... So I've had it in the wrong place all this time ... which means my speed map will be t**s-up too :mad: . Beer is certainly a more inviting prospect .... but I might as well do something productive today (then congratulate myself with beer later :p )

Only prob is that there are 3 wires going into the convertor, and I am not 100% sure which one the speed one it?

I will go and investigate now :thumbs:

Cheers, J :cool:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent .. Job done, cheers Ben,

Although I wouln't advise trying to do ECU wiring with the passenger door closed because of the rain ... it's a bit of a tight squeeze :p . Got about a 45 mins drive to Cricket practise now, so I'll get to give it a good test!

Cheers again, J :thumbs:

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Branners

I just set my boost controller up for MAP using speed settings and the increase in performance is amazing in the lower gears. I will check what settings I have in there but I think its

CH1 to 20mph 75 gain 26

CH2 to 40mph 70 gain 26

CH3 to 60mph 65 gain 26

CH4 60mph + 62 gain 26

anybody see a problem with these settings? Even flat out going up the Rickmansworth hill (90lep before hitting the top) it didnt go above 1.2bar.

JB

any updates to these settings? im going to run these today... on my uk TT :)

thanks

nope, Im still running them a year later and nothing has gone pop, worst spike i have seen is 1.32bar, mostly hits 1.2bar, I have the warning at 1.35 bar I think and I havent seen it hit that at all.

Im also running in ETTC mode some times and they work well with that, give a higher boost but still doesnt spike past the same point as with sequentials.

JB

• 1 month later...

I just had an SBC and power meter fitted today, I have set it up to JB's settings but one thin confuses me, the speed setings.

JB lists 20, 40 and 60mph but the unit has a scale of 0 - 200mph in 15 steps, which gives ~13mph steps or are JB's figures approx?

Heres a pic of the setup screen, could someone please tell me if it looks about right.

sbc.jpg

Ive just been out for a test drive and I think I had the settings around the wrong way. Ignoring my speed map question for the second:

JB's settings "CH1 to 20mph 75 gain 26"

I took this to be boost 75 gain 26 which must have been wrong as I floored it and almost instantly got a warning from my boost guage, it reported a peek of 1.35 bar (I backed off as soon as I heard the buzzer probably would have gone higher)

I then changed the numbers round on all 4 chans eg. boost 26 gain 75. This time I couldnt get it higher than 0.8bar.

The only thing I know that might effect it is that JB has full decat and I only have cat 1 removed.

Anyone have any ideas what settings I should be running?

Originally posted by JohnK

JB's settings "CH1 to 20mph 75 gain 26"

I took this to be boost 75 gain 26 which must have been wrong as I floored it and almost instantly got a warning from my boost guage, it reported a peek of 1.35 bar (I backed off as soon as I heard the buzzer probably would have gone higher)

You were correct the first time. TBH it seems to vary from car to car. If your hitting 1.35 at that setting try from 70 upwards.

Roy

Not sure what rpm peak boost would occur at but that still might have been around the peak. Its really a case of trying different set points. You may need to start below 70 and then increase 1 point at a time until you reach the limit you require. For instance mines set at 71 but hits jb's figures.

• 4 months later...

I also tried Branners' settings as i too have UK car. I still have one cat in place and showed a max of 1.09. I have the true twin turbo mod too and find that the car pulls great in 1st, 2nd, 3rd when on boost, the change up to 4th seems to bog down a bit a loose power. i need to set the damn thing to record so i can look at it when i'm not flat out in 4th!

I've managed to find some english instructions for the SBC i-D III, does any one have a PDF of the powermeter i-D instuctions? i can't find these anywhere.

Thanks

I have a blitz dual-sbc boost controller but Im unsure what the seting should be. Bearing in mind a have hybrid turbos I have set the four channels as 1. 25 2. 50 3. 75 4.100 is this ok? And what should my gain be? the instructions say 20 is the norm but the previous owner had it set on 95?! 100 being the maximum. it got it on 20 at the moment. the instructions say anything over 50 and it will be erractic. What are your setting and what do you suggest I should do? I dont want to damage anything! Thanks! Oh and when I had it set on boost gauge setting it went upto 1.2 is that right?

These are my new settings (UK Spec, don't think JDM can run this on stock fueling):

CH1 to 20mph 80 gain 26

CH2 to 40mph 75 gain 26

CH3 to 60mph 70 gain 26

CH4 60mph + 67 gain 26

Then I set the boost controller channel to MAP. I had it on EXT before whch also seem to work, but was irattic and not as responsive.

I'm still playing with it and trying different settings. Mostly on the M25 in rush hour - which is a surprisingly good place to do it, lots of stopping and starting, up to 70mph then back to a standstill to readjust things!

My settings are 5% higher than JB's to attain the same max boost of 1.2bar. Could this be because i have 1 Cat still in place and JB has a full decat?

• 1 year later...

Just to clear any confusion up when applying the settings:

CH1 used upto 20mph - SET=75 Gain=26

CH2 used upto 40mph - SET=70 Gain=26

CH3 used upto 60mph - SET=65 Gain=26

CH4 60mph+ - SET=62 Gain=26

SET = Boost Pressure/level

Gain = Boost Resonse/Spool up

I have used the JB's settings for a long time and was getting 1.2 - 1.3bar.

I used the following bars on the Power Meter:

Speed Map.JPG

It's the SET/Boost Pressure that I'm adjusting at the moment not the Gain/Boost response.

I expect this will be different from filter to filter - car to car ??? I'm guess ?

I have dropped CH3 and CH4 by 5 points:

So I have:

CH3 SET=60 Gain =26

CH4 SET=57 Gain =26

Chnls 1 & 2 are OK

I want to bring my boost down to 1.2bar and with it peaking at 1.25bar at worst.

hmm that makes sense. mine is hitting fuel cut in 4th and 5th, usually close to the redline. the eboost controller doesn't indicate excessive boost. sometimes it hits fuel cut at an indicated 0.9bar. maybe it is not accurate and i've boosting way over what is safe. i have blown a pipe of the intercooler recently - maybe thats a sign!

If I understand this correctly the SET figure represents the % increase on stock

i.e. if stock boost is 0.9 and SET is at 35

0.9BAR x 135% = 1.2BAR

There obviously other factors at work here - but I would seriously work you way up to those figures rather than try them from the 'off'