The mkiv Supra Owners Club

llandow trackdays

dr_jekyll

Hello,

I popped down for this as it was somewhere to drive while boost mapping.

There seemed to be plenty of people pointing cars around corners and not much driving !

Loved the maxi mini though that thing looked like a right handful to pilot.

Didn't stay around for long enough to see a decent lap from you though downimpact, it looked like you were having quite a few issues ?

sorry stig

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I have upgraded my brakes by the next track day I'll be on track too.

OK, may see you there :-)

No but I'll come along and say hello, cars not going to be ready for the 21st. Going to do a day in June/July before the TSS (which clashes with Suprapod :()

Great, might see you there. Don't expect any great driving by me though, still a learner really, I've got HSD's since my last trackday so hope I might go round the corners rather than sway round them!!!

you can borrow a set of my 18s and ill get a set of slicks for you if you want, see the difference:) i wont be making this one. i want a castle coombe day :)

Thanks, I'm looking to burn out the rears which will take all day, but I suspect the fronts will be destroyed again by midday. So if I get some spare 17's for track then I can make sure I have enough rubber for any day. Then I'll go to semi slicks ready for the sprint series round.

However if I can't get some 17's sorted, then borrowing the 18's would be great.

Would also like to get a day in at Coombe later in the year :)

After a very spirited drive home from japfest with a kitted 911, I want to sort my wheel wobble at high speed as this will kill my arms with a day of it.

Hoping it's just the lips. So brakes first then wheels.

I'd wager you destroyed the 911?

All booked on for Sat as well now :)

guys are there any noise limits here? if so are they drive by or done at half revs in the pits? and one more thing do they monitor this through the day? coming over when my cars done and im not driving 200miles to find mine is too loud.at cadwel they test in the pits and dont bother checking again.ta

guys are there any noise limits here? if so are they drive by or done at half revs in the pits? and one more thing do they monitor this through the day? coming over when my cars done and im not driving 200miles to find mine is too loud.at cadwel they test in the pits and dont bother checking again.ta

lol , noise limits ... at llandow . there technicly is a 105 limit , but the db meter has never been out of the box. they are quiet easy going down here mate ive never seen a car checked at llandow

I'd wager you destroyed the 911?

All booked on for Sat as well now :)

You would't of lost that wager mate :-).

Think iam going to Essex with the missis this weekend, so have a good time lads.

Take some videos.

See you all at the next one.

It's a cheap track day, you get what you pay for, it's half the cost of other tracks.

If anyone wants any passenger laps on Sat bring a helmet.

Good to meet up yesterday, it was a cracking day, definetly pushing my car more as the day went on. Nothing like that passenger session in your motor, that was excellent.

Hope to have some pictures sent over at some point so will post.

Cheers Kieran.

Good to meet up yesterday, it was a cracking day, definetly pushing my car more as the day went on. Nothing like that passenger session in your motor, that was excellent.

Hope to have some pictures sent over at some point so will post.

Cheers Kieran.

Yeah I had a great day, good to meet up, you're car looked so clean! Got some videos where the camera wasn't looking at the dash/sky, will put them up tomorrow. Sadly missed the lotus spin as camera was looking at the dash :(