The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First 2010 Irish Supra meet, Dublin March 28th

supramkivcork

Irish Supra Meet options ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Irish Supra Meet options ?

• Meet in Dublin in March 2010. Premises ?
    • Summer 2010 use Carlow again, WKD premises.
    • Summer 2010 go to uk to suprapod etc as a national trip ?
    • Summer 2010 "Supra Skyline" weekend again maybe in tullow grain yards ?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you'd be here in no time lol :)

The locations I had thought of is approx 1hr15min from Dublin airport mostly motorway all the way.

Cork is a different matter though, however if you were to travel on a Friday night leaving about 7pm you'd save 30% travelling time at least and head home same time Sunday eve. About 4 1/2 hrs each way in the eve.

Will prob go ahead with the idea, and if the distance is too much, which I agree is a big one for you, then I'll see you at another meet!.

Hoping you and the missus could make it though, perhaps about May/june when we have a better chance of sunshine :)

Who are SSR? and who cares, we have great dynos in the north, hub or rollers your choice.

Ok exactly what is a combined UK/Irish meet ?. I am in the UK your in Ireland, I dont get it.

no mate your in northen ireland. i was thinking we could do a full weekend go late thursday on the ferry friday a dyno day and sat santa pod be good to meet the uk lads. home on the boat sunday nite

Why don't we do a central meet in Dublin in febuary and we can talk there about what would be best , now every year I go to ultimat street car Santapod but I think I'm barred so this year I'm either going to the suprapod meet or the J.A.E meet

Anywho I've already said 2010 I. Gona make a big effort to getthe supra out as she hasn't moved In two months and it's pissing me off

ps I'm up for a track day as long as it isn't to dear lol

The border is an imaginary line, cars can cross it in a nothern direction :blink:

I know that mate. What I meant was a central location will be in the republic so thats why I meant we're stuck for tracks.

What about first meet Dublin in March ?

Get some interest and ideas going for the next one. Do a weekend more or less to what Ernie sugggests in June ??

Thinking about it more I don't think there would be a massive convoy to the uk for the pod etc so something up north might have a good chance ...

no mate your in northen ireland. i was thinking we could do a full weekend go late thursday on the ferry friday a dyno day and sat santa pod be good to meet the uk lads. home on the boat sunday nite

A fine idea, but.......I think you'd find that many would talk of going and about 3 would actually go come the time !

I'd definatley come down or up, wherever to feature this, might not make it for 2 days but at least get down, take pix and get all the information to run a good piece on this. With a bit of luck I will be able to give this a really good show as I have 2 pages everyweek so more copy and more pix of Supras.

Me biased......NEVER

Would love a dyno Run and hopefully get some of the Guys from SSI or East coast customs to advise on improvements or concerns

Would like to do a track or drag run but I would be afraid something would break, not too sure if UK brakes and project Mu front rotors and Pads would surfice for a few laps. Possibility of Stone chips would give me nightmares

If we could get sombody with experiance in how to do a launch for Drag and Lines to take (track), techniques. Be nice to get some advice

If anybody has a single Supra would love to experiance what all the fuss is about

quickest car I have been in is a Ferrari F430 but Supra BPU I would nearly put close on par to accceleration

I would also like some info on how everything works, from suspension to forced induction, basic mechanics, tire pressure.

Would be great if we could setup some sort of group association with SSI or East Coast Customs for parts or advice because at the moment I get my parts from a selection of UK companies, would be great just to go through one,both Irish companies to keep costs down, and help out the Irish guys . Just want a local supra specialest tuner to get to know the cars for a better service, at the moment I tell the mechanics down here what to do but I am no expert just goin by what I have read. Get a group discount setup :)

Would also love to learn some advanced driving techniques, skid pan, Ice driving

Just trying to think of things that wont cost $$

Get a BBQ goin too :)

Ernie you still got the Supra?

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Would love a dyno Run and hopefully get some of the Guys from SSI or East coast customs to advise on improvements or concerns

Would like to do a track or drag run but I would be afraid something would break, not too sure if UK brakes and project Mu front rotors and Pads would surfice for a few laps. Possibility of Stone chips would give me nightmares

If we could get sombody with experiance in how to do a launch for Drag and Lines to take (track), techniques. Be nice to get some advice

If anybody has a single Supra would love to experiance what all the fuss is about

quickest car I have been in is a Ferrari F430 but Supra BPU I would nearly put close on par to accceleration

I would also like some info on how everything works, from suspension to forced induction, basic mechanics, tire pressure.

Would be great if we could setup some sort of group association with SSI or East Coast Customs for parts or advice because at the moment I get my parts from a selection of UK companies, would be great just to go through one,both Irish companies to keep costs down, and help out the Irish guys . Just want a local supra specialest tuner to get to know the cars for a better service, at the moment I tell the mechanics down here what to do but I am no expert just goin by what I have read. Get a group discount setup :)

Would also love to learn some advanced driving techniques, skid pan, Ice driving

Just trying to think of things that wont cost $$

Get a BBQ goin too :)

Ernie you still got the Supra?

Your brakes are fine but only if the fluid is recent, stone chips at kirkistown is rare, I dont get any there in recent years. Bishopscourt drag there wont be anyone in front of you to chip you lol.

I will take you for a spin in mine, and Ferrari suck if they didnt I would have one.

Drag plenty of guys will help you with your launch especially Darragh. You still wont catch my GTR though lol. BBQ? who needs it when we can have an Indian lol

Lets have fun :)

Okay we'll get something big sorted for summer in the north.

@ Ernie: will you give me a hand with the organisation of it mate ?

Provisionally speaking First Irish Supra meet of the year.

Justa bit of a get together few pics, a drive etc. Chat about the northern meet for summer.

Dublin : 27 or 28th March

Exact location to be confirmed

Rollcall :

1. Supramkivcork

2. Suprababe!

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)