The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of stock items weights

miko_supra

Seen a few people talking about replacing the OEM standard seats with the OEM Recaro's.

A better option might be to get hold of some Recaro Profi-spg or pole position bucket seats with alloy side mounts. From what I can work out, the buckets are 6.5kg each and the alloy side mounts are 1.5kg each.

Does anyone know the weight of the OEM Recaro's with the runners?

From what I can see you would save 21kgs going the bucket seat route from the standard seats using the info at the top of this thread

Edited by jmcc42uk (see edit history)

Seen a few people talking about replacing the OEM standard seats with the OEM Recaro's.

A better option might be to get hold of some Recaro Profi-spg or pole position bucket seats with alloy side mounts. From what I can work out, the buckets are 6.5kg each and the alloy side mounts are 1.5kg each.

Does anyone know the weight of the OEM Recaro's with the runners?

From what I can see you would save 21kgs going the bucket seat route from the standard seats using the info at the top of this thread

OEM recaros are as heavy as OEM seats. I have the profi-spgs, you should checkout my weightloss thread to see the low mount ultra light bases I made. Even if you use the 1.5kg alloy mounts you still need to bolt them to a frame (ie the sidemounts don't bolt straight into the car)