Ed's GZ Aero - Project thread

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those wheels get painted yet mate ?

Not yet mate.

Going to discuss what to do with the wheels next weekend with Ibrar.

Whats the plan with regards to the bodykit, i hear you say you are going with the shine diffuser so that means you are binning the trial rear. how about the skirts and front bumper? is that a abflug front?

Yes, thats right Jamie.

Off with the trial rear and back to the stock bumper without spats. The vortex generators with wrap around where the spats normally sit.

The bumper and skirts are coming off and hopefully do-luck sides with air holes are going on with the do-luck nose.

Black nose blade (like your old red car), side canards and lower skirt lips just like my current NA.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=7234&d=1179584546

Edited by SupraStar 3000 (see edit history)

UPDATE: Bodykit now ordered (doluck front and sides) with clear side lights and indicators. Right! - I think thats everything ordered.

woohoo!

Bl00dy hell Ed thats a turnaround from our conversation last night - glad you found a way to get hold of it.

even more glad its happening so quick :D :D :D

all the best with the project mate, hope it turns out well for you. candy wheel centres yum yum

thanks - Much'o appreciated :)

Bl00dy hell Ed thats a turnaround from our conversation last night - glad you found a way to get hold of it.

I know mate. Strike whilst the iron's hot AND before I spend the money on other people at Christmas :D LOL

Chestwig and medallion ? :D

Coming along very nicely Ed.

Already got the chestwig covered.

Its surprising what cat hair can do with some spray mount.

:D

Thanks to the mods for including this in the project section and editing the title :thumbs:

Been to see Ibrar today at SpeedWells. Top bloke and very helpful.

My olds NA's Racing Harts C4rs look brand spanking new. Very impressed.

After much discussion it looks like the Ultralite Hikaris for the GZ will be impossible to bake due to the lip construction so a new approach to painting is needed. This unfortunately rules out the candy apple red so I'm going for a more subtle and darker shade which might have been a blessing in disguise.

So thanks Ibrar. :thumbs: Great job mate.

Thanks to the mods for including this in the project section and editing the title :thumbs:

Been to see Ibrar today at SpeedWells. Top bloke and very helpful.

My olds NA's Racing Harts C4rs look brand spanking new. Very impressed.

After much discussion it looks like the Ultralite Hikaris for the GZ will be impossible to bake due to the lip construction so a new approach to painting is needed. This unfortunately rules out the candy apple red so I'm going for a more subtle and darker shade which might have been a blessing in disguise.

So thanks Ibrar. :thumbs: Great job mate.

looking forward to seeing more pics of these wheels dude ;)

• 2 weeks later...