The mkiv Supra Owners Club

time attack at brands hatch

Paul372

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: Doesn't need to be an events organiser, we are here to support club members organise events/club stands etc. ;)

Get it sorted then Steven, should be a good event. Time Attack to watch plus a few other bits and pieces going on and Brands is very good for spectating so you can park your car next to track and watch the action while your chatting or showing off your car!

Get it sorted then Steven, should be a good event. Time Attack to watch plus a few other bits and pieces going on and Brands is very good for spectating so you can park your car next to track and watch the action while your chatting or showing off your car!

I was saying anyone wanting to attend and have a club stand could organise it - I can't make Brands I'm afraid mate. :(

I organised Silverstone's stand, then couldn't go.

Just received this from Andy Barnes:

"We have added an all new Gymkhana activity to our show at Brands Hatch on June 28th ( Modified Live Summertime Special featuring Time Attack and EDC Drift ) which now means you can drive your own car at the show in this brand new feature.

For £25 you get 3 timed runs on the specially laid-out course which is being run in the lower paddock. There are 3 categories, FWD, RWD and 4WD and there will be a trophy for the winning quickest time in each - which will take place on the main Time Attack podium at the main prize giving on the day with media coverage and a special mention on our websites as the hero's of the first ever Gymkhana competition in our scene.

To book your place ( limited places to ensure you get your 3 runs ), please visit our Modified Live website here :

http://www.modifiedlive.co.uk/Summer...0Gymkhana.html

If you've read enough and want to secure your place online and in advance, click this to go direct to our shop, ensuring you fill in all your details for easy identification on the day.

You can also pay on the day ( subject to availability ) for the same price so if you come along and fancy a go, you can get your car, sign on and give it a go however those who book online in advance will have gauranteed their place.

The timing of the course is being done by TSL Timing for us ( same that do Time Attack ) with marshalls in attendance to ensure the course is completed correctly by each car.

If you require any more info, just get in touch - the competition is open to any make and model of car, the only classing is drivetrain"

If people want a club stand then someone needs to step forward and volunteer to organise it, sharpish.

It's not that hard: collect some money & booking details, fill in and submit a form, tell people where you'll meet them to distribute tickets. Done!

If noone volunteers, you're not allowed to whinge there wasn't a stand! :p

Peter Payne who does all my events organising said he'll do it. I'll get him on the case ASAP.

Shame it's come to that but at least something will be sorted. If I can help him at all Paul please let me know.

First off I suspect an indicative "intending to attend" list would help...

1. Paul372 ?

2. jimojameso ?

3. Supra-Woman ?

4. conncl ?

5. TyranoSupraRex ?

6. MARCUS1979 ?

Come one, come all, support our boys in the Time Attack series!! :)

If people want a club stand then someone needs to step forward and volunteer to organise it, sharpish.

It's not that hard: collect some money & booking details, fill in and submit a form, tell people where you'll meet them to distribute tickets. Done!

If noone volunteers, you're not allowed to whinge there wasn't a stand! :p

As Paul mentioned I will volunteer to organize this although we need a few more names and presumably confirmation of who is definetly coming as opposed to 'might' do :rolleyes:;)

If you want to attend then please add your names to the list below and I will be in touch with further details as it's a race against time to get this arranged with less than 2 weeks to go! :blink:

If you could PM me SteveR with all the details of what I need to do my end as I recall we have a banner etc? as well as deposits etc and how I work that out that would be a big help.

Brands is propbably the most enjoyable venue and round of Time Attack we do in my opinion and makes for a great day out with plenty to watch and do so get your names down and come join us and cheer our boys on!!!!!!!! :D:d:cool:

Thanks.

Pete :)

Hi Pete :wave:

1 - call the organisers, ask for a club booking form (or better still ask if they will handle the bookings directly!!), confirm deadline for stand entries.

2 - post up details on here, if you are doig the bookings rather than the orgniasers than be VERY specific so people know what info you need (check the booking form: reg is a usual requirement amongst others), tell people how and when they must pay by (don't bother with deposits, go stright for the full amount as that's what you need to pay when booking)

3 - submit form & payment

4 - agree where to meet peope to dish out passes

5 - optional: get club banner etc to dress the stand (we didn't bother at Silverstone - you'll need someone to fetch it from Homer I believe, and then return it afterwards...)

6 - optional: think about how to arrange the cars on the stand (or just park up in lines like a car park which is what I default to doing :D)

TBH that's about 'it', although it's a big ask in

If you can get the organisers to take payments, bookings and ticket dispatch directly, by people just telling them they are on the "mkivSupra" stand your life will be SO much easier. ;)

Shout if you need any more help, and thanks on behalf of those going for your efforts. :thumbs:

Right chaps,

We can order passes only or passes and tickets depending on how people want to do it?

If we do tickets as well then they are discounted to £12.50 per person as opposed to the gate price of £20!

We need a minimum of 10 tickets for a club stand so we are lacking a bit at the moment!! :search::search::search:

I'll have a chat with Paul as might be easier to get people to pay him and he writes me a cheque for the total rather than trying to get money to me and I do it.

Either way, we really need to get this moving FAST if we are going to get the tickets in time and the space booked!! If we don't have ten people by the end of this week then will probably leave it which is a shame. :(:(

Cheers.

Pete :)